Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I opened the book again....

I've had some issues arise over the past several months. Issues concerning my kids, my parenting style, and just me in general. Nothing major, nothing life threatening, just a few bumps in the road. We all have them, right?! This journey wouldn't be any fun if it was smooth sailing all the time!

But there is one thing I can count on. One thing that gets me out of that pot-hole in the road and back on a some-what smooth surface. Yep, you guessed it...God!

Now....please don't stop reading because you think I'm gonna start preachin'... honestly, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I have a long road ahead of me in my faith journey...and I'm talkin l-o-n-g folks. So please, continue reading, I promise it won't be too bad.

Now, I know I've told you all about this book before (if you still need to get one....click here!) I seriously look at this book daily. It has the stuff we all deal with on a daily basis in it...for example, Priorities, Patience, Guidance, & Friendship, just to name a few. Oh, and I also bought this one a few weeks ago. It's just as awesome as the other one!

But today, I opened up to this one:

Attitude

Be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind (having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude). Ephesians 4:23

Your attitude can substantially affect your happiness level. It's true. When your mind is assaulted every day by "stinkin' thinkin'" - and things like, "I'm not good enough," "I'm not loved," "I'll never reach my dreams" - it's pretty tough to be happy. On the other hand, when you think about good things - God things - your happiness level will soar. Try it! "God loves me" "God is always by my side, watching out for me," "God has made me a winner." What a difference it will make.

An attitude is simply a response to what you see - keep your mind turned in to the good.

I like that last part!

How true! My entire day is better, when I can look around and be thankful for what I have and what I am able to do. I feel blessed that I have healthy, happy kids and a loving husband. Even just looking around at this beautiful world that God created for us (even on the not-so-sunny days!) Everything in my life is better when I have the right attitude. All that silly small stuff that I think is BIG at the time, disappears when I have the right attitude. Now, I'm not saying this is easy...in fact it's kinda hard, but I'm trying. He has given me so much, the least I can do is to show my appreciation!

3 comments:

Mari said...

So true! I don't remember seeing you post about this book before - must have missed that one. It looks really good, and it would even be nice as an added little Christmas gift for my sisters!

Beth said...

We all have our doubts about our parenting skills but I want to reassure you that I think you do an outstanding job! You have the sweetest kiddos and they have learned that from your example and nurturing. Keep doing what you and Andy are doing.

Growin' With It said...

oh now come on...you just ruined my pity party! j/k! this is so very true and i have been learning it over and over and over again lately. you ROCK traci!