Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Celebrating Max!

I admit it, I'm kind of a strict mom. My mom was too and I guess I get that from her. All in all, it's not a bad thing, although I'm sure my kids wouldn't agree with me.

Being that strict mom, I have this rule that the kids won't have "friend" birthday parties till they are in kindergarten. Our family is big enough, and the goods the kids get from family is enough to make a LOT of kids happy.

So as the time was fast approaching for Max's birthday, he was very excited for his "family only" party. However, I think he thought everyone was in his family. He would come home from school and ask, "Mom, is Maddy in my family, I want her to come to my party?!" He asked this several times about different non-family members, and even a few real family members.

So this past Sunday we celebrated his birthday with the family. It was a nice afternoon and the weather cooperated too. We just had cake and ice cream, oh and some brownies too. My family sure likes their treats!

Max is really into Lego right now......can you tell?


He also got a super cool red Chevy SSR that his Grandpa Dave had picked out a while back. That gift has even more meaning to us now that Grandpa Dave is no longer with us. Pretty lucky guy, that Max, now he has a cool car just like Grandpa Dave had.


He also got a really cool remote control helicopter that I think Andy has played with more than Max.


All in all, I think he had a great "family" birthday party! I better start planning his "friend" party soon. This guy has big ideas....

Oh, and Santa....no need to stop here this year, we have enough to last for a long, long time.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Aren't Legos great? My Andy played with them for a long time and we have quite a tub of them waiting for grandkids!

Growin' With It said...

happy bday max! that's a cool rule..we however went with the "invite how many kids for how many years you are" not sure what we are going to do when they hit teenage years! cha-ching!