Andy left on a business trip yesterday morning. A trip to China. It's a great experience for him and I'm happy that he is employed with a good job that he needs him in this important role right now. But, China is really far away. Like on-the-other-side-of-the-world far!
So the kids and I have to stay busy. Which also means that we need to stay healthy. I would appreciate any prayers for the latter. We created a paper chain to help us count down the days till he comes home. And of course, I'll be writing the countdown each day on my prissy plate (which I LOVE by the way!)
Yesterday at church, during my adult Sunday School class, we redid the Love Languages worksheet. Have you done this yet? Do you know your love language? Check it out.....you can do that here!
Anyway, I'm "Words of Affirmation", verbal appreciation goes a long way with me. I need reassurance. The point I'm getting to is this. My hubby knows this about me and whether or not he was doing it because he knew of my love language doesn't matter. He did it.
He wrote all of us our own little notes and left them in our family mailboxes. The kids and I were cleaning in the craft/computer room yesterday and found the notes. It was perfect timing. Maggie has read her note over and over and even put it under her pillow last night when she went to bed.
I'll be hanging on to my little note as well over the next 2 weeks. I'm sure I'll take it out often and reread it, just like Maggie. It's these small little things that make me love that awesome guy of mine more and more.
4 comments:
Traci - China is really far, I agree! If Paul is gone, one thing we do is have some "special" meals that maybe aren't Daddy's favorites and it seems kind of sneaky! The other thing we do is to go out to Palmer's favorite dinner spot (at least once) that I know is not Paul's favorite. It is a treat for both of us and Palmer thinks it's funny that we are going and Daddy doesn't have to complain. We'll be thinking of all of you including Andy these next 2 weeks! Don't forget to make him "Welcome Home" cards from when he returns!
Jodi
Traci - What a great guy! So sweet that Maggie slept with her note on the pillow. I know when Dan is away it is really difficult to get "cozy and warm" in the bed and especially when it is getting so cold outside. Sometimes I just can't stand it and carry one of the boys in my bed just for the warmth and company! Let me know if you guys want to come over for awhile next week. We would love to have you if you are free!
I'm crying just thinking about Maggie getting a suprise note from her Daddy! What a great man! I've thought about reading the Love Languages book, but I've never heard much about it. I'll have to visit your link and check it out! Thanks!
I'll be praying for health and a speedy 2 weeks! :)
Been thinking of you all this week. Hope all is well.....
Post a Comment