Friday, October 16, 2009

We ♥ healthy! - Week 2

Okay...not such a good week.

I'm not trying to make excuses, it's just that this week is the farthest thing from normal for me. On top of my favorite monthly visitor arriving (I know..sorry, too much information!) and doing this parenting gig on my own, my one and only goal this week was to survive.

Eating hasn't been the best. I do pretty well during the day. But we have been either doing a quick dinner because we have to be somewhere or eating out because it keeps us busy.

Exercise hasn't been any better. I did go to the gym on Monday for the Body-Step class, but haven't done anything since. The weather has been too cruddy to go for a walk and I've been trying to rest while both kids are at school. (I know...more excuses!)

On a positive note, I still haven't had any soda (although, I must admit that I did open the fridge and grab one out....but I put it back, knowing that it wouldn't taste as good as I was thinking it would!)

And drinking more water has become easier thanks to the tips that Jodi R posted. I've been keeping my water bottle filled and left out on the counter (even though I hate leaving things out on the counter) I have found that I do drink a lot more when it's at room temperature.

My other goal, that I don't think I listed the first time, was not to eat *anything* after 8:00 p.m. They say you shouldn't eat at least 2-3 hours before you go to bed. I have been doing this for a while now....but every once in a while, Andy and I will make a bag of popcorn after the kiddos are in bed, and I thought this week I would be horrible at this goal. I thought I would eat because I was feeling lonely. But I've done much better than I thought I would. Nothing at all after 8:00.

So all in all, it hasn't been a horrible week. My plan is to really get to the gym next week and get that exercise in...what about you? How did your week go?

Remember, we are doing this together....Together we are going to ♥LOVE♥ getting healthy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, not good for me either. I have consumed tons of chocolate and have only exercised on Tuesday. Stress knocks me on my butt, not to mention my monthly friend also arrived which makes me crave more chocolate. I will do better next week. I HAVE TO!

Amy

Ashlyn Heinold said...

Not good, girls!! I think I got derailed when I went out of town Mon/Tues to my parents. I did get most of my excercise time in but the chocolate chips were calling my name:-) Next week will be better!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know the tips for drinking more water are helping. I am proud of you. Think of me on Sunday, as I am walking the 1/2 marathon in Des Moines. I plan on eating a lot of carbs this weekend as the marathon gives me a good excuse! Hee! Hee! Good Luck next week! Jodi R

Mari said...

Not terrible, but not great either. I'm holding my own and need to start taking this seriously!

Jackie said...

Traci! Well, I haven't been by in awhile, and I'm super excited you are doing this! I need some accountability in the WORST way - I have been so bad lately. I'm going to join you in this - as best as I can...I'll be back next Fri. to check in. Thanks, girl!

Katrina said...

It must have been the moon cycle or something. Everyone seemed to have a crazy week and so did I. We had several of Kurt's relatives visiting from IL and Germany for Kurt's mom's 75th birthday. We have been running around like crazy and eating junk galore. Somehow the running around didn't include any actual running, but lots of walking at SeaWorld on Sunday. Anyway, last week is a wash and will try better the rest of this week. Most of the visitors left today and things will get back to normal.