Friday, October 23, 2009

We ♥ healthy! - Week 3

Well...how'd you do? Was this week any better?

Mine wasn't the best....but I have to say it wasn't the worst either.

I've been sticking to my "no soda" rule very well....none yet! Now it isn't easy, the other night we had pizza and I totally wanted to drink a little Sprite...but I didn't....it's a start.

I've been drinking a lot more water. Also good!

Exercise has it's challenges...I did go for a nice walk last Saturday (Thanks to Elizabeth for letting my kids come over and play for a while) and again on Monday while Max was at school. I guess the challenge right now is the gym. I love going to the Body Step classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I don't really like taking Max with me right now with all the sickness going around. I know I send him to school, but I also know that at school, if the teachers think a child shouldn't be there...they'll send the kid home....they don't really do that at the gym. So I don't know, maybe it's another excuse.

I did however, rake and mow the lawn the other day. I definitely count that as exercise. My arms and back were killing me by that night and my one hand still hurts. So, I guess I'll take what I can get right now. Andy did bring home a Wii Fit from China...so maybe I can work that into my routine. Do any of you know a good game/video for the Wii Fit? I would love any suggestions!

Eating wasn't too too bad either. I've got my breakfast/lunch/during the day menu down pat. Pretty light...and lots of water. Then I feel I can have a few more calories in the evenings. Pretty good on the "mommy drinks" this week too. Only had 1 margarita on Tuesday night while the kids and I where over at a friend's house for taco Tuesday. (Thanks again Jenny, we had a great time!)

So all in all....not too bad. I really have to pump up the exercise. I made a chart for me to keep track of what I eat and the exercise I do each day. I thought it might help to stay focused....but I don't know. Any tips you have that might help me and others would be appreciated too!

So, do tell...I want to know how your week was....together we are going to ♥LOVE♥ getting healthy!

3 comments:

The Shoes said...

I told you that you could say "NO"!! We had so much fun and have to do it again soon. Glad to know that Andy got home safely. I was having a good run on my parents' treadmill yesterday and it stopped working!! Now I might have to join the gym if they can't get it fixed. Sorry I don't have any creative tips for you...I'm too scared to have a food journal! Good luck this week.

Katrina said...

Not so good week for me again. Still much busier than I normally am which kept me from doing any official exercise.

I did give up bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. The only downside is I seem to get hungry earlier than lunch time and worry I may just end up snacking on something bad. We'll see.

Unknown said...

Oops...forgot to check in last week. So, the last two weeks have been pretty good. I am definitely paying more attention to what I eat. I started a bad habit of eating cereal at night. I am not a night eater, but it was just so good. But, I kicked that habit. I get to the gym when I can. I hate being gone at night when I have been gone all day, but I get there when I can. I totally count yard work and house work as exercise. You are burning lots of calories, so it counts. I hope to pick up my gym time next week, but it is conference week, so I will be realistic. Probably won't happen until the week after. I do have to say, my jeans felt great today, and there are some days that I want to take them right back off, so maybe things are going better than I think they are! :)