Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pity Party!

Over the last few weeks, I've been having this private, poor-me, pity party for myself. I've been down in the dumps about my MS. I've been feeling just fine, so it's not because I'm feeling poorly. I'm just so sick and tired of being a pin cushion very single day. I have bruises everywhere and some of my injections hurt for the entire week, and then all of a sudden, I'm back at the same spot all over again. Honestly, it sucks!

Then when I start feeling this way, I feel even worse, because there are so many other people out there dealing with a heck of a lot more stuff than I am. I try to remember that I don't have it that bad. I always try to think of my cousin's little guy, Chandler, he is diabetic and gives himself numerous injections per day and he's only eight! Yes, 8 years old and so brave! He's such an inspiration.

Yesterday morning as I was watching the Today show, this little segment came on.

This is just another flashing-neon-sign from God in my opinion. Our health, including mental health, can be profoundly changed just based on our attitude. I'm going to get out of this funk and be happy about the challenges God has given me. As a friend on Facebook wrote today, "

God gave you your life because he knows that you are the only one strong enough to handle it.

Amen to that!

5 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Thank you for mentioning Chandler. He is the bravest child that I know personally.

The Shoes said...

What a great idea for giving! I would have never thought that you were feeing down. You hide it very well. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to, please give me a call!

Mari said...

I think it's only normal that you feel sorry for yourself from time to time, but at the same time, you are smart enough to realize it's not healthy for you to dwell on.
My daughter is type one diabetic and has to do checks 4-6 times a day, but she wears a pump to deliver the insulin. She has her bad days too.

Anonymous said...

sis,
You are brave and I love ya! I am sending a prayer your way right now.... did you feel his arms hold you... I just had a friend's 18 yr old daughter go to Mayo... she has MS so if helping a family would help you I know they could use of advice or at least a heart that understands... love ya sis

Beth said...

Cool video - thanks for sharing. I often don't get to see very much of the Today Show but always love their special interest pieces. An excellent message with something to think about!