Friday, October 9, 2009

We ♥ healthy! - Week 1

Okay...it's Friday! It's our first week of checkin in with each other to see how we did with getting healthy.

It was a pretty good week here.

No soda at all for me! But here are a few tips for those of you trying not to drink soda as well. We keep our soda in a small refrigerator downstairs. It's not in the main fridge...(that's tip 1). I put this label on the fridge downstairs too....just as a reminder. (tip 2) And tell your kids that you are trying not to drink soda....they will be for sure to remind you! (tip 3)

The exercise has gone pretty well too.

♥ I took Charlie for an hour walk on Monday while both kids were in school. It was a beautiful day and it was nice to get out in the fresh air. My poor puppy was ready to be done. Oh, and my legs...boy where they burning the next day.

♥Tuesday, I walked for an hour at the gym...not as fun as the walk on Monday...but was glad I did it.

♥Wednesday, I did an hour Body Step class. Love the class, Love my instructor and Love how I feel when the class is over!

Feelin' it all in my legs yesterday.....but heading back to the gym today to do the treadmill. I'm gonna need to find some more tunes too!

Eating has gone pretty well too. I have to say that dinner is my big meal. I like to eat with my family. So I have been eating light throughout the day and then I feel like I'm able to eat at dinner time.

So for breakfast I have been eating a hard-boiled egg with half of a mini bagel. Then I usually eat some yogurt about 10:00ish. For lunch I've been doing a wheat wrap with a little chicken. I usually have an honey crisp apple (they are the best apples in the world, by the way!) And then I eat dinner. Trying to have only 1 portion.

The hardest part of the day for me is between 3-5 pm. I don't know why. And the peanut m&m's sitting right there on the counter, looking so festive in their cute Halloween colors, they just scream my name. So no more m&m's.....nope, once these are gone...I'm not buying anymore. (oh, and here's the funny thing....regular m&m's could sit there for weeks and I wouldn't touch them...it's just the peanut ones that I can't resist!)

Oh, yeah...I almost forgot. The water! Not so good. Any tips on this? Do you just fill a jug and set it out till you drink it all? Do you put flavor in yours? I honestly don't drink too much during the day. I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning....and at lunch I have a tall glass of skim milk...but other than that....I'm a bad drinker I guess!

Okay, enough about me. How did you do? Leave some comments and let me know!

Remember, we are in this together! Together we are going to ♥LOVE♥ getting healthy!

6 comments:

Mari said...

I didn't have a great week. I did some walking but had to bake some goodies and sampled some. My weigh in at church was supposed to be last night, but I've caught a bug and am still not feeling too great, so no weigh in.
I do drink water. I have an insulated mug that I keep with me. I fill it with ice water and fill it twice through out the day.
Good for you for doing well!

Beth said...

I didn't reply to your original post about exercise and healthy eating but I am trying to change my habits. We have actually banned purchasing soda here at our house but I always seem to find a way to get it outside of the house. I love a tall, cold, icy Coke. It will take extreme will power for me but I'm going to do it. I'm not sure the Gold's classes are for me but I do love to walk on the treadmill and treadclimbers there. If you ever want to walk let me know!

Katrina said...

I had an ok week. I really need to add exercise and I took 2 walks this week which isn't great but sure better than nothing.

Luckily water is my favorite thing to drink other than coffee which I luckily like unsweetened. I normally eat a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast and as soon as they are gone I'm going to try something more nutritious.

Thanks for starting this. My weight has been creeping up over the last year for no apparent reason other than my age and this was just the nudge I needed to do something about it. Good luck to everyone next week.

Ashlyn Heinold said...

I did pretty well this week. I got my running in which helps me mentally as much as physically. The problem may be the portion control because I am making all my favorite fall foods and I LOVE to eat them!!! AND...I am pretty sure I will visit DQ this weekend since they close soon:-) Hey, you gotta pick you battles, right???
Sounds like you are going great, Traci!!

Anonymous said...

Drinking water - Here are my 2 cents! I always take a big refillable container with me to the gym. I make sure that I drink at least 75% of it while I am at the gym and on my way home. At home, I always have a glass (at least 16oz) that I take with me all over the house - sitting on the counter then over by the computer, then back to the counter, etc. As it gets close to empty I refill it. I always fill it from the fridge door, but never put ice in it. I find I drink more water if it closer to room temp because it is easier to drink. Those are my hints. I am lucky because I would rather drink water than anything else. If you want more hints, let me know. Good Luck!!! Jodi

Unknown said...

Only made it to Body Jam once this week. Eating...didn't cut back as much as I would like...and soda...still drinking it. I need a redo! Next week is a brand new week, and I will be more motivated! I have a wedding tomorrow, and I am sure when my dress doesn't fit like I want it to it will motivate me even more. I have decided that I might have to add in 5:30 A.M. workouts because my kids are soooo busy right now. Isn't that the middle of the night?? Yikes! But I know I will feel better if I just do it!