Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WFMW - Super Easy Mexican Dip!

What day is today? Is it really only Wednesday? Every year this happens to me, I'm always "off" a day the week of VBS. Since it starts on Sunday, I always think we are closer to the end than we really are. So it really is only Wednesday...okay...fair enough...now on to our topic of the day!

It's WFMW! Works for Me Wednesday - Summer recipe edition. This recipe isn't necessarily summerish, but it's super easy, with no oven required and is oh so yummy! I always get so many compliments on this dip and it is always gone very quickly.

Easy Mexican Dip

  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 small can Hormel chili - no beans (I think it's 10.5 oz can - oh and I've tried to Wal-mart brand too...it's just as good)
  • mild banana peppers (or HOT peppers if you know everyone will like the hot!)
  • shredded cheese (Cheddar, Colby-jack, Mexican blend, whatever suits your fancy)

In a pie plate/shallow dish spread your cream cheese over the bottom of your dish (have your cream cheese @ room temp, it makes this process a lot easier)

Next, add your can of chili, top with banana peppers (I put a lot of peppers on), then top with shredded cheese.

That's it....pop it in the microwave for a few minutes, till it's hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips! If I'm taking this dip somewhere, I wait and heat it up when I get there, it's best when it's right out of the microwave/oven.

Oh, and let me just say, it's not the most beautiful dip...in fact, it's kinda yucky looking, but try it, I promise...you'll LOVE it!

Oh, and to be totally fair....I stole this recipe from my darling sister-in-law, but I'm pretty sure she stole it from someone else too! So here's to the person she stole it from! Thank you, whoever you are for this oh so yummy dip!

Want some more summertime recipes? Head on over to We are THAT family for a ton of them!

7 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds great! I'm loving all these summer recipes!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I can personally vouch for the wonderfulness of this dip since I stole the recipe from Traci!! It is AWESOME!

Beth said...

I think a little of this dip and the frozen tubs of drinks I saw on sale at Farm and Fleet would be the perfect way to end VBS week! I bet I unpacked a bottle of the hard stuff to complete the frozen drinks. :)

Jenny said...

We make this all of the time, but without peppers. It's so yummy and goes fast!

Jackie said...

I love your disclaimer that it looks yucky - ha! With a list of ingredients like this, that wouldn't stop me...sounds yummy.

Beth's comment about Farm and Fleet - oh my - I haven't thought about that place in a long time. That reminds me so much of home.

Genny said...

We have a big neighborhood party this weekend; I might just make this! Thanks!

Melissa said...

I agree - great yumminess in this dip! Thanks Traci for the recipe!