Thursday, July 9, 2009

Showing God's Love!

Last night after dinner, Andy went over to the church parsonage to help some guys with some home repair projects going on there.

The kids and I had planned to go fishing at some friends' farm, although secretly, I was hoping the rain would cancel the fishing. It's no secret that I don't know how to fish, and Andy had forgot about the fishing event when Paul called to ask if he could help at the parsonage. Thanks to Facebook, I got a message about "no fishing!" Woo-Hoo!

So after I got the kitchen cleaned up from dinner, I told the kids that we should drive by the parsonage to see how many guys were there. I told them we would be little spies and that we would be very secretive. We then drove over to DQ and bought 10 dilly bars. We took the dilly bars over to the guys to surprise them. I think they liked the little break and a treat from the kiddos.

On the way home, Maggie said, "Mom, that was a great way to show God's love wasn't it!"

Sure was sweetie, it sure was!

I'm still grinning from my sweet girl's comment! God is so good!

4 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

What a sweet girl!

Jackie said...

That is awesome, Traci. Even more than what you guys did - the fact that she just got it made it all the more sweet.

Mari said...

You're teaching her good! She is getting it at such a young age!

Mama2hre said...

I LOVE when my kids say things like this! So simple, so sweet, so true!