Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quick update

A great big "thank you" is going out to all of you who have left comments here, on Facebook , sent emails or called me about yesterdays post. I appreciate your love and support. It truly means a lot to me. Your very encouraging words inspire me and help keep me strong. Thank you!

Hospice has been called in and now the rest is up to the Lord. This is all apart of His plan.

Please say a prayer for my sweet, sweet step-mother, Bonnie. She just lost her dad (his funeral was July 3rd) and now this. She is going through so much right now, way more than one person should have to handle at one time.

When I opened my little book to Strength, it said this:

"Maybe you feel exhausted-physically, mentally, and emotionally. God has given you strength for your days-even the toughest ones. He is the source you can draw on when you feel your supply is running low. You don't have to go at life alone. When you reach for Him, He's always there, ready to refresh you......"

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci you are amazing and very strong.....that verse is my favorite...it was and still is my motto for when I was battling cancer and even now....prayers are with you and your family....Carrie

Anonymous said...

praying for peace

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and your step-mom. I will be facing the same thing some day. Lots of hugs.

Ashlyn Heinold said...

Traci,
Sorry to hear his illness is so serious! I'm sure this is a difficult time for you as you sort through all your emotions. Love & prayers!

Ashlyn Heinold said...

Traci,
Sorry to hear his illness is so serious! I'm sure this is a difficult time for you as you sort through all your emotions. Love & prayers!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I'm praying for ALL of you! You know you can call if you need ANYTHING! It's not like I'll be having this baby until October anyway :) Love ya.

Jamie said...

Such a tough place! Praying for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Please remember that we are a product of all of our experiences in life. You are the person you are today because of that. I personally love that person! There is no wrong or right way to act or feel as long as it is done with love. Please call me if you need anything. love, lani

Mari said...

God will give you strength through this. It's amazing how you can feel that others are praying during tough times.

Beth said...

I will say a prayer for comfort and strength for your family. My family's one experience with hospice was wonderful and the most dignified part of the whole illness my uncle had. I hope you find this to be true for your family. I agree with your friend who said we are a product of our life experiences. It is so refreshing to see someone who has taken their life and made it so positive. You are a terrific Mom and Max and Maggie are so lucky!

I bet your not a follower of college football but on this weeks cover of Sports Illustrated is a college football player and he has Phil 4:13 written on the black marks under his eyes. I had been meaning to look it up but your post was the same verse. Very cool!

Jackie said...

Praying, praying, praying - for you, for your step-mother, for this whole situation.

And...I really, really needed to hear that little excerpt about strength today - emotionally and mentally it's been pretty crummy lately, but I know that I don't have to go it alone.

Thanks, Traci - hugs!

Unknown said...

Prayers are being lifted up. My dad and grandma died within six months of each other. It was so incredibly hard on everyone..especially my mom. Six months was way too close..your step mom's situation would be almost unbearable. But you are right, if we draw our strength from the Lord, we will most certainly get through it. Hang in there!!!

Stacy said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Your situation hits home here! My father is not sick, but we've never had a relationship. I think your handling it well and seem to have a great perspective! Hang in there!
Stacy