
Even though my summer tip is more of an organizing/get ready for school tip, I do it in the summer, which therefore justifies it appearance in the summer tip category.
My yearly calendar!
Oh, it's a wonderful thing!
I started using a collegiate planner (AT-A-GLANCE 70-CP06 to be exact!) a few years ago when Maggie started preschool. I LOVE to get the entire school years worth of events all into one calendar. All the "no school" days, PTO meetings, vacations, 1/2 days...being able to put it all in one calendar before the school year even starts is so helpful for me.
My planner starts in July 2009 and goes to July 2010. It is a monthly calendar that offers a big square for each date, and it is of course, ruled! (lines keep my boxes much neater and I gotta have that!) Since I have a girl and a boy, I use a pink/blue highlighter to highlight the kids different events...just open it up and take a quick glance! LOVE IT!
The other very helpful thing I do is this. I made a Word Document to make labels for all the special birthdays/events that needed to be in my calendar every year. I used the Avery Return Address Mailing Labels (#18167) to make the labels, so every year I just revise the list, print it and stick the labels in my calendar. It saves a lot of writing time!
It is also very helpful for me to do the "calendar-switch-over" during the summer, when I think I have a little more time. Doing it after Christmas stresses me out...cause you know you have a ton of other things to be doing at that time too!
The only thing that I do not love, is that my calendar isn't the super cute ones that I see all around. So if you have any connections with the AT-A-GLANCE people, can you pass the word on that they need to make my planner a little bit more cutie! I would totally LOVE it then! But honestly, it Works For Me, whether it's cute or not!
Go on over to We are THAT family to get more summer tip!
5 comments:
i know what you mean...i have one like this and what's up with all the cute, adorable, fancy "day timers" and then these sorta calendars are so bland. ahh, but those fun labels of yours sure makes it look better. way to be organized and inspire peeps like me to get their rear back in gear!☺
Great suggestion and one I may have to try. Another reason to stick with only 2 kids - what color highlighter to make the third?? :)
Did you order this calendar online or can you pick one up at Office Max?
Great idea to use the labels for birthdays... I hate writing them in every year!
Ooooh...I love planners. I love lists. I love organizing. I feel like getting a new one for the school year now, but mine is a Jan-Dec format and it would be wasteful to get rid of 6 months just to start fresh right now. Have fun with your highlighters!
I love this. I'm such a planner (to a fault, actually). You are my kind of mama! lol.
Post a Comment