Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just following the list!

Look what we bought the other day:


School starts here in less than a month (August 19th to be exact) and I couldn't be more excited. I'm not excited about Maggie going to school all day, it's going to be weird not eating lunch with my girl everyday. But she will be fine. (I think I will be okay too after a few weeks!)

I'm more excited about buying school supplies. Oh how I love the school supply aisle. I could literally spend hours in a Office Max. Just looking! So many neat great gadgets and gizmos. When I was a child, I truly think going to get schools supplies was one of my most favorite days of summer. I would pack and repack my book bag a million times before the first day of school. I would have my "first day" outfit picked out weeks in advance. I don't know why...a new year and fresh start. It's just a good feeling.

Maggie on the other hand could really care less. I did all the supply shopping without her. Have you ever been with my girl when she is trying to make a decision? Oh boy, it was just better to get the stuff and be on my way. She wanted to check it all out when I got home and wondered why I got a green and yellow notebook and not a pink and purple....(hello honey, the list said green and yellow...there must be a reason! Mommy was just following the list!) She checked it all out and then was out the door in a flash. More important summer stuff going on outside.

So the supplies will now sit here for a month...cause I just had to get them early. I'll probably pack them all in her backpack a few times after I get the label maker out and label all the appropriate items. You know I LOVE to label right?!?!?

Oh it's a happy day for this momma!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. Do you want to do mine? Ha ha, no seriously. You just reminded me of one more thing I need to get accomplished. Hopefully this year with Jr. High they don't need as much! But they probably need more - ugh!
No really good for you and have fun with the label maker! Gotta love it! :) Carrie

Anonymous said...

Traci-I truly understand the pure joy that comes from the Office Max store and school supplies. I was one of those kids who packed and unpacked back to school supplies and couldn't wait to arrange them in my school desk just so. I loved that. I even loved seeing all my pencils sharpened. It was definately the most thrilling for me as well. Have a great day all!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Anonymous #2...I wish I knew who you were...post another comment and leave me your name.

Maybe we can setup a date and pack book bags together!

Anonymous said...

I don't even need to tell you how much we lovvvvvvvvvvve school supplies. We have scouted out all the new prospects but haven't bought any yet. One great thing that I did with the kids when they were younger :( I always bought personalized cute name labels from different online stores- etsy has some great ones. They loved to put their special stickers on their stuff!
I agree with Mag....just yellow & green?

Liz said...

As I read your blog, I sometimes feel that I am reading a post about me. We are quite a lot alike. Too funny!

Colored With Memories said...

hey, at least her pencil box is pink, right!?! lily would have said the same thing about wanting pink/purple! girls!

Growin' With It said...

and then there is me who always seems to wait til the last minute and has to drive all over town trying to find the right GLUE! way to go.