Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WFMW - The coffee pot!


This might seem a bit obvious to some, but for some reason I just figured this out.

Like many, I like to have a little bit of coffee in the morning. Nothing fancy...just plain ol' Folgers (breakfast blend) with fat-free french vanilla Coffee-Mate creamer.

And with all the fancy new coffee pots out there, I find that I'm totally content with my Mr. Coffee. It suits me just fine.

Our mornings are pretty calm around here. I know that will all change next year when Max has to be at school in the morning too, but for now my girl has the routine down. She even makes time to read in the morning...just so she won't have to do it after school.

Anyway, my point is that even with the calmness of our morning, I have started to get my coffee pot ready at night. Usually when I get finished with the dinner dishes, I take a few extra seconds to get the coffee pot ready for the morning.

Then the most amazing thing happens. When I get up and get downstairs to the kitchen, all I have to do is press the button. I could program it (I think) but something about pressing that button makes me feel good. (remember I'm a control freak!)

So there you have it...my brilliant idea. Get your coffee pot ready the night before. It will be a great start in your day!

Need some more great tips? Head on over to We are THAT family!


(I'm also sending out a great big birthday hug to my SIL, Jodi! Have a great girlie! Did you know you share a birthday with Ellen DeGeneres! Happy Birthday Ellen! I *heart* your show!)


2 comments:

Erin said...

Robert does this! He also uses the timer, and since it's already finished brewing when he gets upstairs it gives him just a few more minutes of "wake up" time. Great idea!

Dana Weber said...

A do it the night before task I make a habit is getting everyone's lunches ready. I leave the sandwiches until the morning and every thing else in the frig so I can just grab it and put in in the lunch bags in the morning. It is the little things, right?!