Thursday, August 28, 2008
Stranger(s) in the Night!
Okay, not really a stranger, but a child and well that is enough to freak ya out.
And, yes, I know that the song isn't about actual strangers, but it went with my title, and I'm just dorky like that.
Here's a little background.
First of all, we Sullivan people sleep with our bedroom doors open. Always have, always will. I'm sure that someday, many years from now, the kids will close their doors for privacy cause, you know, teenagers do that. But until then, we have an open door policy around here.
I think part of the reason the bedroom doors are open is my fear of fire. You see, both my aunt and uncle (sister & brother) have had house fires. It is a very scary situation. Thank goodness, neither of them or their families were hurt. Ever since then, I have had a fear of my house burning at night and I would need to get out quickly. This would also be the reason why I never sleep in my birthday suit. HELLO! If there were a fire, I wouldn't want to be standing outside buck naked. My poor husband just rolls his eyes on that one, but lets just see who's rolling their eyes if we ever really do have a fire.
Okay, now back to the story. So Saturday night, or early Sunday morning which ever it was, I woke up and saw the bathroom light on and heard a little "tinkle" going on in the nearby bathroom. I assumed it was Andy and rolled over to try to get back to sleep. As I rolled over, I bumped right into Andy. It took a second to register and then it hit me. If he's next to me, then who's in the bathroom??? OMG, someone is using our bathroom!
I have never heard or witnessed my kids going to the potty in the middle of the night. I was a little freaked out. A few seconds later, the light turned off and a silhouette of a small person walked by our door, back down the hall and I never heard another peep. I instantly thought it was Max, because he would be the one to have gone right back to bed. Maggie would have brought her blanket and pillow into our room and made herself comfortable. Besides, Maggie has bladder like a bathtub. The girl can hold it forever.
I finally fell back to sleep and told Andy about it in the morning. Then asked Max, "Hey buddy, did you get up to go potty last night?" I was totally ready to praise him for waking up to go when Maggie speaks up and says, "No, that was me mom. I got up to go potty." I didn't tell her how much she freaked me out....or that SHE was the stranger in the night.
It just made me realize that, yes there are other people living in my house that use that potty and they might even have to use it in the middle of the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment