Thursday, August 7, 2008

Great weekend with friends!

The kids and I spent last weekend in Iowa. Andy went to WI for a 24 hour mountain bike race, so I thought it would be a good time to take the kids on a little road trip. We traveled the 4 1/2 hours to see my friend Lani and her family. We had a great time. Lani has two little girls, ages 3 and 16 months, so the kids all had a great time. It was so nice to relax and catch up with each other, even thought we talk on the phone often. Oh, and Lani can cook! OMG, the girl made food like there were 10 of us staying with her. I totally think I gained 10 pounds in those 2 days. One of my favorites is the crab cakes. They are so yummy....want to try them?! Here's the recipe.

We took the kids to a great park on Saturday morning, and then that afternoon, while the little one took a nap, (her Daddy stayed home with her) we took the "big" kids to the local pool.








Saturday night, Miss Ginny came to babysit all the kids, so the adults could enjoy a nice dinner. Miss Ginny is fantastic! She's just like a grandma, and the kids really liked her. Lani, Kosta (Lani's hubby) and I all went to dinner and had a great evening. I kinda felt like a third wheel at first, but after we split a few bottles of wine, I forgot all about that. We had a fabulous dinner and great conversation. Thanks guys for letting us come and invade your beautiful home for the weekend. We hope to be back soon to hang out on the new party pad. We love you guys!

No comments: