Yesterday, Maggie went for an hour to school, a chance to meet her teacher, see the other kids and just get familiar with everything. I took this picture as we were going in. Today was her actual first day. I was so proud as she walked down the hall all by herself. Her friend Alex, who we will be carpooling with, walked half way with her, but I watched as she kept going right into her class. I honestly couldn't believe that she did it. What a big girl.
To our baby girl, Maggie Ray on your first day of Kindergarten,
It doesn't even seem possible that I am writing this now. I can remember finally holding you in my arms after a difficult labor & delivery. I remember staring at you and how amazed I was that God had given me this perfect baby girl. You have brought complete joy to my world.
We are amazed everyday how (in your five short years) you have changed. You have grown so big are able to do so many things on your own. Watching you ride your two-wheel bike for instance, that was just something you set your mind to and you didn't give up.
Your smile brightens my day and some of the things you say...well, how old are you again? You crack me up! You are my mature Maggie and I love your helpful nature. I love our little talks every night about the things we did that day and about all the things we are thankful for. I hope you will want that special "us" time for a very long time. I also love our pinky hooks with an air kiss. That is our special code, just between us.
You are our sweet girl and you are heading off to a big new world. Dad and I are so excited for you to learn all kinds of new things at Kindergarten. You will meet new friends and have a ton of fun. We look forward to all of your new accomplishments and even the challenges along the way. We feel very blessed that God chose us to be your parents and we love you very much.
All our love,
Mom & Dad
3 comments:
I have been patiently waiting for this post- Abbey & I were thinking about her! Congrats Mag!!
What a sweet post! And what a pretty spot you have here,
Genny
what a big and brave girl.
i'm scared to blink...i know if i do this will be me writing about lily.
Post a Comment