Friday, March 14, 2008

It’s Almost Over!

I don’t know if it’s just me or if others are feeling the same, but this Lenten season seems to be lasting forever. I think maybe it’s because it started earlier this year, but gosh I’m kind of ready for it to be over. To recap, I gave up soda, potato chips and buying on eBay. I have to tell you, the soda and chips haven’t been TOO hard. Now don’t get me wrong, when I hear the sound of a soda can being opened, I totally scan the area to see who the lucky person is. I really thought the hard one would be the potato chips, I LOVE them…if fact, Andy and I wish we would have had bags of chips instead of wedding cake at our wedding…that’s how much we love chips. The kids and I have snacked on pretzels and goldfish for lunch instead. I can say honestly say that I haven’t missed the soda and chips enough to want to go out and buy the store out after church on Easter Sunday. I actually made the decision to try and keep up the not drinking soda or eating chips after Lent if over….I’m sure it won’t be like I will NEVER have them again, but I think (know) it’s better for me not to have them.

Now, the other one….has NOT been so easy. I LOVE eBay. I love to buy, and sell. Of course, I have been watching several items and I missed several great opportunities….all in the name of Jesus (I like to think at least). I even asked Andy to buy a few items for me and then it wouldn’t be ME buying them…I even told him he could wait till after Easter to give the item to me….he didn’t go for that! So I’m really looking forward to Easter, just so I can buy again.

A few of the girls in my bible study did a more meaningful thing for Lent and I will try to do that next year (I think that’s really what Lent is supposed to be about). Trying to change my negative thoughts to positive and only thinking good things…I’m going to practice now, so that at Lent next year I might be a step ahead.

No comments: