Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine’s Day!

LOVE is in the air – Oh wait, that is just these darn snow flurries we keep having….Have I told you yet how ready we are for spring!

Anyway, Maggie had her Valentine party at school yesterday (she attends preschool on MWF). She brought a backpack full of goodies home; it truly looked more like Halloween than Valentine’s Day. Anyway, she had fun writing all the kids names on their treat bags that we made up. As for today, we spent our AM at church….the kids both LOVE to go, so that makes it easier for me to LOVE to go also. Andy is playing soccer tonight, so we will attend his game and then head to La Fiesta with friends for dinner – Doesn’t that sounds so romantic!

So on this holiday of LOVE, of course we have to wear the appropriate attire….with that in mind and knowing my frugal nature (on some things), we started wearing our “Valentine shirts” Last Week! Maggie has a cute pink top with sequins and beads, (it’s very cute on her) and then there is MAX.

His shirt is red with a big #14 on it along with the word Heartbreaker (which totally fits him) When we put his shirt on last week, I started singing the lovely Pat Benatar tune from my teenage years. “Heartbreaker, dream maker, love taker, don’t you mess around with me” You know you know it, so come on sing with me! You’re a heartbreaker, dream maker, lover taker, don’t you mess around with me. Okay, Okay….that’s enough…so back to my flashback, (Lani, do you remember???) We were standing on a couch, singing at the top of our lungs, ALL the Pat Benatar songs. I believe there was a bottle of Boones Farm nearby…but we won’t go there. Anyway, got me thinking about my kids at that age and I think maybe we will stick to our more Christian-like songs. Please don’t take it personal Pat…LOVE your tunes and always will!

Here are a few pictures of the kids modeling their “LOVE” shirts!

Have a Happy Valentines Day everyone! We love you!

2 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Love the new blog. It's so cute, and I'm glad you decided to share!

Anonymous said...

I agree- thanks for the invite. I feel "loved".