This weekend I put away all my Valentine’s Day décor (I say that like I have a ton of items…It’s only about 10 things) and got out my few St. Patrick’s Day things. I didn’t use to decorate for St. Patty’s Day, however since I married into the Sullivan family, I thought I better start. So as I’m getting this stuff out of the Rubbermaid tub, Maggie asked “Do I have to wear green today?” I said “Oh, not today…we have a few weeks before St. Patrick’s Day” She said “Then why are you getting all this stuff out NOW?”
Yesterday (Sunday) was a bit of a challenge to get to church on time. I usually have some help on Sunday morning to help get us out the door at 8:00 am. (Yes, church starts at 8:15) So, as the organized person I am, I thought I better get their clothes put out Saturday night, got the “church goodie bag” ready, got the coffee pot set and tried to figure out what I was going to wear (that’s the biggest challenge of all!) Everything went pretty smoothly…even got all the beds made before we left and talked to Andy for a few minutes.
Since the “getting ready” part of the morning went pretty well, I thought I was up for another challenge. Max always comes to church service with us until after children’s moment and then he goes to the nursery so that we can actually hear the message. But yesterday, I decided to try to keep in the sanctuary the entire time….since his days in the nursery are limited. (the ages for nursery care is infant thru 3 years…he is pushing 3 ½)
He did a lot better than I thought. During the prayer, they dim the lights….he was sitting on my lap and said “why is the lights off?” I said “we are praying”, so he folded his hands to pray. A few minutes later, he whispers “When is God going to say amen?” as he points to our pastor. It was hard not to laugh. What a sweet boy! I’ll let you know if we try it again next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment