Monday, February 11, 2008

BIG BOY BLUES!

It's official! There are no more babies in my house...No diapers, no pacifiers, no bottles, no cribs (no naps?!?!) ..no signs of anything remotely babyish. It's all gone. Max is a big boy now and I'm feeling a little blue.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the new phase we are starting...and I have known for some time that I'm not having any more children, but it kinda weird how it has suddenly HIT me that my babies are growing up and growing up FAST! I am trying to keep positive and think of all the things we can do now now that we don't have to be home to do an afternoon nap. Long afternoon walks in the neighborhood, trips to the library when all the toddlers aren't there, a swimming pool pass this summer.
It all sounds so wonderful....and I'm sure it will be, but I will be doing all those wonderful things with my big kids, not my babies. I'm sure everyone goes through this and I know my mother-in-law is telling me (from heaven) "This too shall pass" but the real question is Do I really want it too???

No comments: