As most of you know, I am an organized person, I LOVE lists, and I always try to have a plan. For some reason I have a hard time when the plan gets out of whack.
That said, the plan for Andy’s arrival home didn’t go as planned. His original ETA was to get into P-town at about 5:48, so my plan was to give a kids a late snack (so we could all eat dinner together later) get them ready and head to the airport about 5:20ish. Andy called about 4:50 and said they were running late and not to leave yet…he didn’t think they were going to make the flight to P-town.
Here’s the entire scoop:
They made in a little early to Chicago, so they thought they were in good shape, but then the plane started to circle in air. That is where the problem started. They ended up circling for quite some time. Finally they landed and then had to go thru baggage claim, customs and security again. The outcome was that they only ended up with 30 minutes to get from one end of the airport to the other….it was NOT enough time.
So he calls to say that they missed the flight and the next one doesn’t leave till 9:40. He decided that that was not an option. They rented a car and drove the 3 plus hours home. Please keep in mind that they had been up almost 24 hours already, I was a little nervous about them driving. He called several times, since he knows how I like to be kept in the know. Thankfully the roads weren’t bad (weather wise) from Chicago to us and the officer who pulled him over for doing 74 in a 65 was very understanding. He just got off with a warning. I think that all these things were a part of the BIGGER plan (not my plan) of getting him home safely. Thanks for your prayers! We are off this morning to take the rental car back and pick up his luggage that didn’t make it here last night either!
1 comment:
Glad to hear he made it home safe! I bet those hours between the ETA and actual arrival were filled with fun for you and the munchkins! Kids understand late Daddies oh so well...
Post a Comment