Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Early Snowy Morning!

This is the beautiful picture we woke up to today! It is GORGEOUS!

I believe it is also the cause of the early morning in our house. The normal rule around here is that the little people need to stay in their rooms till 7:00 am. Now normally this works pretty well. Maggie and Max both have a digital clock in their room and Maggie has hers right next to her bed. If she wakes up before 7, she will get a book or play with Barbie dolls till it’s time. She will then come into our room and inform me of the time. She’ll say in her soft whispering voice “Mom, my clock says seven zero four (7:04) can I go downstairs?” Then off she goes…she’ll quietly go down and turn on the TV. Of course, she knows what show is on what channel and she will bring her blanket down and get her spot on the couch. A few minutes later, I will hear more little foot steps coming into our room and in his soft whispering voice Max will say, “Mama, my clock says seven eight nine (7:89) can I go downstairs too! I love it! It totally makes me smile and gets my day off to the right start.

Today however, did NOT go like that. Andy needed to get up early due to the snow and having a 7:15 meeting. He tries to be quite, although his quite and my quite are two totally different things. Anyway, I think both kids heard Daddy and saw the reflection of the bright snow through their windows, which makes it look like 3:00 in the afternoon and just knew they had to get up. They both came into our bed with me and we snuggled for a few minutes before they both began to talk non-stop….planning their day. Here is their plan:

  • Playing restaurant for breakfast (they are the customers and I am the waitress)
  • Shoveling the snow!
  • Playing in the snow!
  • As always, playing Zingo!


This was all at 6:15 this morning. I am a morning person, but even that is early for me!

I sent them both downstairs, laid there in bed for a few minutes and then got up to start this wonderful day I have been given.

The plan today is to enjoy this weather, since I hope this is the last of it, and do all the things the kids planned for today!

It’s going to be a “several cups of coffee morning” (I’m already on #2) and a WONDERFUL day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beat ya...6am for me & Mabel. That's really early for me! Coffee? yep, I've had a few.