We stopped by to see Grandma Bonnie over the weekend and when she asked how school was going, he did the standard reply, "Good!" So, I started to ask Max to spell his colors. This is how the conversation went.
Me: Max, how do you spell red?
Max: R-E-D
Me: Good job buddy, now how about green, how do you spell green?
Max: G-R-E-E-N
Me: Great, next let's do blue.
.
Max: B-uhhh I? uhhh (Maggie whispering L in the background) B-L-I?
Me: Okay...well we'll need to work on that one. How about yellow... Max how do you spell yellow?
Max: Y-E-L-L-I-V-A-N!
We all looked at each other and then exploded into laughter. The double L's in yellow made him think of his last name. So then he just rattled off the rest of his name. It just amazes me how their little brains work. It was a nice try and I've gotta give him a little credit for that!
Hey, and you never know....someday it might just be a new color in Crayola's box of 64.
No comments:
Post a Comment