Monday, August 10, 2009

What I've learned!

I'm a very emotional person.

Oh yeah baby..I'm a crier.

I cry at the smallest things. A Hallmark commercial on tv, a song on the radio, oh and movies, watch out. I have come out of several movies red-faced and puffy-eyed. What a sight I am. Just a warning if you ever want to see a movie with me.

This is nothing new, I've always been this way.

Women are complex beings. Our emotions are our greatest strength, but they can also be the most unstable aspect of our character......
(from my favorite little book!)

So over the past week many old and new emotions have popped up.

I have relived the many questions of why. I have wondered how things could have been. I have learned that there is no going back to all the whys? and hows?. I have to feel confidante that the past, my past, was all part of God's plan for me. I know that I am the person I am today because of the things that have happened in my life.

You may tend to think of God gratefully in the good times and ask for His help in the bad. But sometimes you have to consider that God brings good out of both.....
(more from my favorite little book!)

I wish I could have known Dave better. I wish we could have had a different kind of relationship. Unfortunately, we can't go back, we can't change the past. But what I can do, is move on knowing deep in my heart that his love for me was unconditional and that he was proud of this very emotional girl.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I am going through a hard time right now also and I think it is so brave of you to put your very personal feelings out there. I feel so isolated and alone because I am so far away from all my friends and my family. I talk to everyone so infrequently that I feel like I shouldn't share all my worries. I don't have any occasions to really connect with my girlfriends anymore.

I can totally relate to painful childhood experiences about your father. Mine was around but hurtful. I felt very alone then also.

I totally agree with you that those experiences are a part of who you become and you are able to view the world with much deeper meaning and empathy.

My grandmother had a stoke a week ago and is now slowly slipping away. So I totally relate to the grief you are experiencing right now as well.

I wish you well and thank you for your courage to share your feelings.

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Katrina...thank you for sharing and if you ever need someone just to listen...please let me know. I'll be sending prayers your way. Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

Why is one of my favorite questions but I, like you, have determined that sometimes there is no answer to why. I have found that the more time I have spent stewing over why, the less time I have to make my own happiness. I am proud of you for asking the question and learning what you could from it, hopefully applying it to your own life and then moving on.

You are a very very strong person, Traci. Emotions are what make us beautiful, individual and loving. Never stop being that person!

I love you. Lani