Our summer is quickly coming to an end,
It's time for school to start up again!
We've had lots of fun this summer indeed,
Soccer and t-ball and swimming with speed!
All good things must come to an end,
Relaxing days of playing and of course, sleeping in!
A new schedule will start, a new routine begin,
Packing lunches and homework, as grade 1 she goes in.
My emotions are there, feeling happy, yet a bit sad,
As my big girl moves on, thinking of all the fun times we've had.
This new routine won't be easy, but it's time for it to start,
Lunchtime will be the hardest for me, for we've never been apart.
The days will be busy, with Max gone every afternoon,
I'm sure I'll be blogging, or resting, or cleaning a bathroom!
The time has come, the school year is about to start,
Thinking how fast the time has gone kinda hurts my heart.
My kids are growing up before my eyes, the time as gone so fast,
But I know we've created traditions and lots of memories that will last.
2 comments:
I dealt with all day kindergarten last year and not having a lunch partner anymore. It was a bit quiet for those first few days. Then I found a new lunch partner, sometimes my husband, sometimes a very good friend. It was fun to do lunch "out" with those people I don't get to spend much one-on-one time with. You will be a little sad, but I bet you will find new lunch partners too. If I lived closer I would be happy to be a new lunch partner. Enjoy those quiet afternoons, you will come to appreciate them! :-) Jodi
Love the poem Traci! Wed morning is going to be very difficult at my house. Blake loves to sleep until almost 10a! Not sure what is going to happen and he just has to get up to help take Max to school for the next couple of weeks. Miss seeing you guys and hope to see you around soon! Good luck this week!
Post a Comment