Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another first place winner!

Andy rode another mountain bike race on Sunday. It was 95 degrees outside with a heat index warning of over 100. Let me just say, that you would never in a million years catch me on a bicycle in that kind of heat. Never!

But being the supportive wife that I am...the kids and I packed the cooler and headed over to watch the race. Well, I really wouldn't call it watch....cause he's like in the middle of the woods and all, but we were there, and that's all that matters.

There was a kids race about a half hour before Andy's race and so Maggie got in on the fun. There were only about 5 kids...and I think 3 of them were on training wheels. But there was another "big girl"...she might have been 7 or 8 years old. The other girl was in the lead the entire time....and then out of the blue, my girl passed her up and won the race. She was so excited.


She was so proud of herself. Oh, and did you notice....she won the race while wearing a skirt! You go girl.

Andy didn't do too shabby either. He finished first in his age group and second overall in the sport division. Pretty awesome for riding 15 miles in 95 degree weather. I truly think the kids and I are his lucky charms.

Great job to both of my bikers! I'm so proud of you!

5 comments:

Mari said...

Yay for Maggie and Andy!

Anonymous said...

Tell Maggie and Andy congratulations!

Han Solo said...

Almost as good as when I did the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs.

Well done Maggie. Maybe you can be my co-pilot when Chewy takes a vacation.

Chewbacca said...

Ahhh-Arrrwaaa! Grrrah-Haaaaa!!

Zack said...

Awesome job guys!! I always knew Andy was nuts, but now he is rubbing off on his daughter too!