Thursday, August 20, 2009

Maggie-Mommy Moment!

Yesterday was great! Maggie's day at school went well. Since it was only a half day, it seemed to go by pretty fast. Max went with Papa and Jane to Farm Park yesterday, so after school was out, I was able to take Maggie to lunch. Just the girls! It was a nice treat for both of us. There were several moments when I looked across the table at my little girl and recalled the times when she was a baby and I couldn't wait for her to talk to me, to tell me about her day, to tell me she was a little nervous or scared. Then as I sat there, I thought about how long she would want to do this...go to lunch with her mom. I thought about how long she would want to hang out and tell me things about her day. I decided not to think about all that stuff and just enjoy the moment we were in. It was a great Maggie-Mommy moment.

Today is the first full day. Today is going to be the hard one for me. I packed her lunch this morning and she was so excited. I was not as excited...but I tried very hard to hide it. She is going to be just fine. I know that! But it just doesn't seem to make it any easier.

At least I have Max to keep me company for a few more weeks till he starts school. I think we will be doing a lot of praying today, and a lot of cleaning today to help the time go by faster. I'm sure after a few weeks of this new routine, I will be loving it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs! I think the whole neighborhood will be cleaner after this week. I dumped Isaac's closet today for some organizational therapy. Is it time to go get the girls yet?????

=) Mary O

Mama2hre said...

My kids start Tuesday. This Tuesday we had Open School, where the kids can go in and preview their classroom. My 4th grader is starting at a new school (moving from a primary to intermediate building). I left with tears in my eyes and an "embarrased" 9 year old. How can he be this old already?! My middle guy is in 2nd and my baby is only 1 year away from K-garten! Where does the time go?! I hope things went well for you both today!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

If it makes you feel any better, Lily and I are still going strong with our mom and daughter first day of school outing in 6th grade...I for one am hoping it never ends! I figure I'm 35 and I'd love to go to lunch with my mom... =)

Glad to hear Miss Maggie is so excited!