We had a great time on that date, I felt really comfortable and relaxed around him. We had several more casual dates in the weeks to follow. Then we started spending pretty much every weekend together along with several times during the week. This continued for 4 years.
On May 4, 2001, we purchased our very first home. We knew we were going to get married, but he hadn't actually proposed yet. On the day of the closing, we were both so excited. Neither of us could sleep the night before. We were closing at 9:00 in the morning and the plan was for us both to take the day off work, close on the house and get movin' in. I got a little bent out of shape when Andy informed me the night before closing that he had a meeting with his boss in the morning BEFORE the closing. Hello....who schedules a meeting before 9:00 a.m.??? Now this might not have been that big of a deal except for the fact that my man isn't the most "on time" person. He could have walked in 5 minutes late to the closing and not been phased one bit...if that was me, I would have been devastated! I'm just not a late person...I like to be on time if not a tad bit early. Anyway...it turned out fine and he was there on time. We did all the paperwork and signed our life away.
We both had our own cars loaded up with all the goods we were taking to the new house and headed straight there after the closing. I was so excited! When we got there all the blinds/window coverings were closed, so it was dark....I walked into the living room and headed right for the kitchen to plug in the phone to make sure we had service. (calling someone from my new house was obviously my priority!) Andy hollered for me to come into the living room. As I walked in the room, he flipped on the light above the fireplace. When I finally looked over there, up on the mantle were several long stem roses laying down with a white ring box in the center sparkling like I've never seen sparkle before. HE GOT ME! It had been a running joke for quite some time that he wouldn't be able to surprise me. That I would totally know when he was going to propose. I totally walked right by his set-up the first time. He totally surprised me! It was awesome! Oh, and he didn't have a meeting with his boss that morning before closing. He had made arrangements with our realtor to have her let him in the house to get everything set up. He had it all planned out. Perfectly!

So not only did we have a new house, now we were planning a wedding. Looking ahead at the calendar we figured out that February 2 was going to fall on a Saturday! Perfect. So we got married on the 5-year anniversary of our very first date and to top it off, the date was 02-02-02! How cool is that!
We decided on a small, intimate ceremony. We wanted an evening ceremony at a local botanical garden conservatory. Being that it was February, the conservatory was warm and we had the entire event lit by candlelight. The ceremony was beautiful. Andy asked his brother and dad to be his best men and I had Andy's sister, Jodi and my cousin, Tina stand up with me. Simple, yet elegant with all our family there to witness our union. The ceremony was followed by a huge party with a sit-down dinner for all our friends and family. It was honestly the perfect day!











Andy,
Today, seven years later, we are celebrating our anniversary. So much has changed in those seven years and I wouldn't want to share those times with anyone else. Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing. What is even more exciting to me is that I can't wait for all the adventures we still have waiting for us. We have been blessed with two beautiful kids and everyday we are learning and growing together. Thank you for being the person you are and for sharing your life with me!
I Love You!
T
The songs you are hearing are the two songs that we danced our first dance to....Etta James, At Last....you know cause it only took us five years and Grow Old with me...just cause all the words are perfect....Enjoy!
14 comments:
Happy Anniversary you two!
Happy Anniversary! What a sweet love story and what beautiful pictures from your wedding.
Oh my goodness, the songs on your page are making me cry right now. 'At Last' is one of my all time favorite songs, and every time I watch the Wedding Singer that other song makes me bawl, too.
Happy Anniversary, you guys...you were made for each other! What a fantastic proposal. And oh my goodness...you all were beautiful on your wedding day. Love your dress...so pretty and simple and elegant.
Have a wonderful day celebrating. And I just noticed that your bloggy anniversary almost matches your wedding anniversary - cool!
well what a great way to start off the month of february w/ a lovie dovie story. what a truly romantic guy you have there girl and a beautiful relationship indeed!
i got "button pushing" happy...sorry!
Traci & Andy:
Congratulations on your 7th. anniversary. We were at your reception and had a wonderful time celebrating your wedding. May everything you wish, hope, and pray for be the least you receive.
Love,
Wayne and Janice
Congratulations on 7 wonderful years! I didn't realize that Andy was such a romantic! What a great engagement story. Feb 2nd is definitely a special day for you. Hopefully you are having a little time to yourselves today!
Happy Anniversary! I loved reading your story and I love the Etta James song too!
happy, happy, happy anniversary. you two make the perfect couple and i for one love sharing our friendship and families with one another. hugs to you both, donna
What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Happy Anniversary
You two are the cutest. I loved hearing your story again!
BTW, At Last is one of my all time favorite songs. Great minds.....
Happy Anniversary! After a good "birth" story my next favorite are great engagement stories. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment