Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You would have thought she was Edward Scissorhands...

Remember this movie???

Well, you would have thought that this was our hairdresser the other day when Maggie got her hair cut.

My girl was in great need of a haircut. The poor girl has got the worst hair, and I am saying that out of love. She has a couple of cowlicks on her head (just a side note: if your precious baby girl has any cute little swirls on the top of her head that you think are the just cutest thing ever....think again...when the hair finally comes in...she's going to be in big trouble!) and her hair just does it's own thing. I've tried doing the bang thing...nope...didn't work, we tried letting it grow out, but it's just so fine and it just gets really stringy, so we went short. It looks super cute on her and it actually makes her hair look thick!

There is only one problem...since her hair is so short...she needed to have her neck cleaned off...and once Maggie saw the buzzers coming...she freaked out! She totally wouldn't let the hairdresser clean off her neck. Now, I know that could freak a kid out, so I just told her we would do it at home...no big deal. We got home, and I still couldn't convince the girl to do it. We both got way too worked up which didn't help, so today....a week after the haircut...she still has a hairy neck, and guess what....it's going to stay that way. I'm tired of fighting with her over this. I've got to pick my battles.

Here is the before/after pictures...it's really a cute style...and boy did she need that!



Maggie is Maggie! She is very sweet, but also shy and very cautious. She is so smart, maybe a little too smart for her own good. She has come so far in the last year and she is getting better every day. I need to try and embrace who she is and her feelings...even the ones I may not understand. She is a precious gift given to me by God and I wouldn't change a thing about her, hairy neck and all!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

So cute! My daughter go the same exact haircut Saturday.

Mari said...

She looks so cute - I love it!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I LOVE the new do! And I'm in touch with embracing who our daughters are even though we may not understand.

Pat Palamar said...

It's not about hair - it's about heart and she has a sweet one. Some girls are just destined to have short hair 'dos'...she might be one of them. You always looked cute in short hair - like Mother, like daughter?
I think she looks absolutely adorable - just like you always did! Hugs, Aunt Pat

Jackie said...

Well, to look at her you wouldn't think has troublesome hair...it's such a cute style on her! Everytime I see her and Max I always think you have the cutest kids...