I don't even know where to begin. The last few days have just been crazy. I'll try to update you quickly. I'm not liking how this blog has become a medical update center, however, this is the easiest way for me to keep my family and friends in the know. We will try to get back to our normal, silly sitcom as soon as possible.
Okay, the quick update....I finally went in for the blood patch on Friday around 1:00 in the afternoon. They ended up scheduling it, so that I didn't have to wait in the ER...(Hello..should have done that on Wed) anyway...it didn't go as easy as I thought it would. The doctor had to stick me three times to get the epidural in. On the second stick...I think he hit a nerve. It was a feeling that I have never experienced before. He finally got it on the third stick and then had to get blood from my very small veins in my wrists. He tried the right wrist first and couldn't get enough blood, so then he went to my lest wrist. Thank God, he was able to get what he needed. Both wrists are sore and black and blue (it's not an attractive site, let me tell ya!) The blood patch took about an hour to relive the headache pain. The doctor made me think it would happen a lot quicker than it did. He also informed me that occasionally, some people have to do the blood patch two or three times for it to work. Uh, no...I will NOT be doing this again. Even if I had to live with the headache for another week...I would not do it again. For me, it was a very traumatic experience. (Wonder where Maggie gets it?!)
So the headache was gone, but the back pain worse. It's like a double edge sword. Honestly, I would have preferred to have the headache. We finally got home a little after 7:00 that night. I was exhausted. I just wanted to get in my bed and sleep. I ended up being awake ALL night. I could not get in a comfortable position. It was awful.
Saturday we called to try and get me some pain meds. They didn't want to give me any (cause you know I'm such a pill popper...NOT!) I just wanted something, so that I could get comfy, so that I could sleep. Andy found some Tylenol PM and they pretty much knocked me out. I was finally able to sleep for a few hours and that was a huge help. I finally started feeling a little better Saturday, I was still in bed all day (can I just tell you how much I am hating this bedroom right now!), but I tried to get up and walk around for a few minutes and then go back and lay down. My cousin, Tina came over and scrubbed my bathrooms and kitchen floor (I'm tellin you all...that is love!) Those bathrooms were disgusting, and I wouldn't just let anybody come and do that. I feel so much better knowing that they are clean. So a big "Thanks!" to Tina!
Andy and I have been joking that God is trying to help me not think about the other stuff going on and that by going through this is making the "waiting" time go by faster. Its funny how that all works.
Today I am feeling even better. I slept pretty well last night with just Tylenol (not the PM kind) and I'm just takin things slow today. Andy and the kiddos are at church and I'm sitting in bed with the laptop. I got up and fixed an egg, then came back to bed...then I went down and washed a few dishes and then came back up to bed. I really feel like I need to get up a little more today, I promise I won't overdo it, I just need to move around a little. I think that will help my back to not feel as stiff.
I know so many of you are praying, I know because I can feel it. The support we have is amazing and I hope you all know how much I appreciate all you have done. The cards, emails, comments on the blog, they all make me smile and help to brighten my day. Please continue to pray. Pray for strength, and healing, pray for comfort and normalcy. We head back to the doctor on Thursday, so make sure to check back often, as I will try to keep this updated.
God is so good and is right here with me on the journey! Along with all of you! Bless you!
9 comments:
Thinking and praying for you! Thanks for keeping us updated on the blog.
Thanks for the update. Your positive attitude in shining through in the middle of some tough times. I'll keep praying.
I've been thinking a lot about you, hoping that you were feeling better, hoping that you had some answers. I will continue to pray and check back often. Keep your faith and take it easy.
Bless your heart Traci. I am praying for you.
We missed you this morning! I am very glad to hear you're feeling better. It was good to see the little people this morning!
Missed you so much this morning. Abbey filled in for you & was handing out tons of love to your lil' folks during church service :O) So glad that you got some sleep & are feeling a bit better today!
I hate to see someone so sweet, suffering so much. I am thinking of you and praying that this will all work out! Hope you get some rest and tomorrow is a better day!
i see you have another friend named Kerry...unusual spelling!
thanks for keeping us update so we know better how to pray. keep resting and seeking some relief...i'm sure you're ready to have some answers.
hang in there!
kerry
popped in tonight to see how you were and i'm so glad to see an update. wish it was SO much better but it does sound like God is continuing to "keep" you as you go thru all this crud.
please don't ever feel awkward or bad about posting this info. we are coming here to hear it ya know. and yep, fun stuff will be back someday, but for now...soak in all these prayers lady.
U R ♥d!
Post a Comment