We had yet another "mommy messed-up moment" yesterday. Max and I were just getting ready to head out the door to pick up his little friend, Dax and take them both to school. Max grabbed his coat and backpack and then came running. "Guess what mom, you didn't get my snacks for school today!" Obviously, the large metal tin can that they put in the kids' backpacks to remind us, didn't work for me! Instead of taking the tin out of the bag and putting it on the desk in the kitchen to remind me, or at least adding it to my master list of things-to-do...I left it in the bag and TOTALLY forgot! I called his teacher really quick to see if they had anything to serve...she of course was super and it totally wasn't a big deal. I grabbed 2 bags of microwave popcorn and 10 small bags of fruit snacks and off we went.
Max's teacher happens to read this blog on a regular basis and couldn't believe that "little miss organized" would be the one to forget! She just kept laughing saying that maybe I spend too much time on the computer....that maybe I needed an intervention! Darn it! There goes my mommy of the year award!
Just a little side note: Max told me after school that he loved taking the popcorn....so maybe I got a few points back.
3 comments:
it's great they came through for you...i am so bad about unpacking lily's bag! i'm sure her teacher thinks i'm such a slacker.
her bag often doesn't even come in from the van...shh!
Oh man, they are just going to start to think I'm rubbing off on you! =)
Sorry my son was such a heathen yesterday!
who EVER wins mommy of the year...how about blogger of the year instead and mommy of ALL TIME sounds better! this story sounds all too familiar. its amazing what comes out of the cabinet and can be labeled "snack" in moments like this for me!
Post a Comment