Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Still learning about boys!

Remember this post a few weeks ago. I have to say a big "thanks" to you all again for all the knowledgeable advice. I can honestly say that although the problem isn't entirely fixed...(will it ever be?, Linda informed me that's just what boys do!) we have moved on to a new problem.

Late last week we were all (all three of us, Andy must have been at a meeting or soccer) snuggling on the couch before it was time to go upstairs for bed. I noticed Max's hands in his pants and just kindly asked him if he needed to go potty. I wasn't ready for his response. "Nope, I don't have to go potty, but my penis is hard like a brick mom and I'm waiting for it to get mushy." Well then, okay...what do I say to that. I wanted to roll on the floor laughing, but I didn't think that would be very "parent-like", so I just said, "okay, let me know when it's all better." After talking with Andy when he got home, I decided that the next time it happened, I would just tell him that it's just how God made little boys and sometimes that happens. It seemed to work fine....till....Sunday at church.

Andy had to leave the service a little early to go out and help the men with the morning breakfast, so it was just me and the kids...luckily there weren't too many people around and when I saw Max fiddling with his pants, I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom. I should have been prepared, he kindly whispered, "Nope, God's just making my penis hard like a brick again!"

Oh how I love these new challenges I'm given! Learning something new everyday...what a blessing!

11 comments:

Growin' With It said...

yep...did the out loud belly laugh that scared myself. in church???? oh you sweet, blessed mama! hilarious. my boys got out of the shower this morning and ran around naked flinging "it" like it was the grand prize in getting cleaned...or maybe just airing it out...who knows. well, let's just both hope they get tired of playing with bricks!☺ yea right!

Anonymous said...

Dang....I so wish we had sat closer on Sunday. You know my brewha would have totally laughed out loud!!!

Mari said...

I'm laughing over here! Gotta love when these things happen in church!

mmldf5 said...

Oh my goodness. I about fell out of my chair at lunch. The issues we men have. Must be the age. Dax is having similar issues.

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness! I don't if I should be thankful that God sent me girls or pray for a boy.

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Wow, I'm not sure if I've missed something over the last weeks, but I have not seen Dax having these issues yet, and I'm holding tight that maybe I'll get lucky...or maybe he's just sharing them with his dad and not me!

Although, as if on cue, while reading this, Finn took his diaper off and started giggling. Boys, there is just something about them, you can't help but laugh!

Colored With Memories said...

i am laughing so hard right now...had to mention this to my hubby...who just grinned.

i am also very content with my TWO GIRLS right now!

Growin' With It said...

do you know how much i've laughed on this one today. now i'm back showing it to my husband and if you don't mind, i'm linking it to my post tomorrow?

Emily said...

what?! thanks for the birth control!! I would have had NO. IDEA. how to handle this "situation"...how funny!

Lisa said...

I'm so thankful right now that I have two daughters!!! I could not handle this!

Jackie said...

I haven't laughed out loud all day until now...Hysterical! If I ever have a boy, you can bet that I'll be recalling all of your stories so I know what to expect.