Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!

Happy New Year all my bloggy friends! It's always so exciting to me to start a new year, start fresh, re energize, refocus, and reorganize! I love it!

We spent last evening the way I hope to spend all future New Year Eves. We had an early dinner with friends (and kids) at a dive restaurant, where it was loud, crowded, but oh so yummy! I think I'm still tasting the garlicky salad! Yummo! We were done and on our way home by 6:30! Put in a couple movies, the kids wanted popcorn, (and even though I was still completely stuffed from dinner, I can never pass on the popcorn) and we rolled out the sleeping bags. We watched "Alaska" and my kids loved it...Andy and I thought it was pretty good too! Put the kiddos to bed about 9:00 (they totally thought it was midnight and were so excited to stay up "late") and then put it in "Mamma Mia" for me. Let me just say that if you are a big fan of this movie, you might want to stop reading now! It was so cheesy...I loved the play, I love the music, but this movie just ruined it for me! I was totally cracking up laughing at Pierce Brosnan singing....I'm going to look at him with a entirely different light from now on! Anyway...I still watched the entire movie and then Andy and I played tennis on the Wii for a while...he kicked my behind, but he better watch out....I'm going to practice while he's at work and become a pro! Hehe!

Lots of stuff coming up this new year. My blog anniversary is in 30 days and I'm so excited. I have been trying to come up with a little giveaway, so stayed tuned for that!

I also started a 12-week challenge at Gold's Gym! I got measured yesterday and they will re measure me in 6-weeks to see how I'm doing. I've decided to change Missy's "Hot for the Holidays" to "Hot for my Hubby!" I think he will like that! Anyone want to join me in that????
Anyone know how to make a button for that???

We are taking a family trip out west (AZ) at the end of March, which is something fun to look forward to. My parents are getting a condo out there for the entire month, but Grandma said she couldn't go an entire month without seeing the kiddos....Paca said, "fly them out" so that's what they did! So my Gold's Gym challenge will hopefully help me look better and feel better for this trip as well!

So many new things, such an exciting time! I wish everyone a very Happy 2009! (oh cute, that rhymes!)

6 comments:

Liz said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a nice evening. We stayed in and had a quiet evening too. With a 4 year old and 1 year old, it's hard to go out, but that's fine with me.

Best wishes with your 12 week challenge. I need to find a neighbor that will start walking with me again. I have always failed with gym memberships. The motivation ends about 4 weeks into it and I'm out a lot of money. Anyhow, have a very happy 2009.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year,
Bruce and I spent a quiet evening at home also. The boys spent the night at their cousins.
Good luck with your 12 week challenge, I will lend any support I can. Starting with . . .

Traci, you look fabulous!

Colored With Memories said...

oh man...i thought the mama mia movies was a hoot. i must just be corny like that.

have fun in AZ...i was born there...what part are y'all traveling to?

Lisa said...

I'm all for "Hot for my Hubby!". Hot for the Holidays caught me during a rough few months, but the winds of change are a blowin' now! My goal is 30lbs by June, with pics taken weekly to track my progress:) Not sure about the button...I'm not so code-savy!

Growin' With It said...

why stop at AZ...you're so close to the real west coast! thanks for praying for us lately...phew have i felt it!! and i appreciate it.

Jackie said...

Happy New Year, girl!

Yay, I'm so glad you're continuing with challenge - I've sort of gotten off track and I was afraid I wouldn't get back on since Missy's thing is done. So yes, I'll join! Definitely. I can make you a button, email me and let me know what you want it to look like and say, etc.

OurMomentsOurMemories at gmail dot com