Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fit Friday - Week 6


Let's just say that this week was much better than last week - thank goodness!

It still wasn't a perfect week, but is there such a thing?

I haven't been that concerned with the whole scale issue, but when I do check, it hasn't been too different. I tend to fluctuate between three different numbers depending on the time of day. I'm really hoping that the reason the number isn't changing is because I'm gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. I really hope that is the reason. The number honestly doesn't bother me, because I am starting to feel a difference in my clothes and that is what really makes me happy.

I only got to the gym three times this week, maybe I'll still go this morning. I've had a sick kiddo this week and today while she is at school, I have a lot of errands to run. Hum, errands, does that count as exercise? I'll park way out in the parking lot...I promise!
Rambling...sorry....Three times at the gym is my goal, so I'm not totally slacking, but I would really feel better to get one more in. We'll see!

Still haven't had soda. Well, I did have a sip yesterday. Poor Maggie (the kiddo that has been home from school the last two days) wanted Sprite. I poured some into her cup and that is when it happened. I took a sip! And you know, it wasn't that great. So now that I've had my fix, I'm hoppin' back on the wagon!

So next week is going to be the true test. I'm talkin' about Thursday here, people! You know, the holiday that all you do is eat, eat, eat! Complete torture I tell you!

I'm going to try really hard to get to the gym several times before Thursday. I'm going to try to really watch my portion control and I'm going to drink a lot more water and maybe a little less "mommy drinks." Oh, who am I foolin'!

But friends, on Thanksgiving Day, I will be cautious and aware, but I am still going to eat my mashed potatoes. My most favorite thing ever is mashed potatoes and gravy, in fact...I might just have seconds on the potatoes and skip the pie! Oh yeah, I love them that much.

So to all my Fit Friday sistas, enjoy the time with your family and be thankful for all you have! You are all beautiful to me! Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE this time of the year with all the holidays, but ALL the good food - UGH - why does it have to be so stinkin' good?!?

One sip of soda shows some massive will power - I wish I had that. Even though I drink Diet soda I'm having a hard time only doing three or four a week.

I hope your kids feel better, I'm dealing with sick kids right now too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Jackie said...

Oh, mashed potatoes are my favorite food ever. I know I'm going to have second helpings of that on Thurs. And probably the stuffing too. Normally I wouldn't have any trouble passing on dessert, but I am making a pumpkin roll, which is to die for. So, yeah, I'll have lots to make up for.

Isn't it FUN when the clothes start fitting a little looser? So excited for you!

Growin' With It said...

okay, so i don't feel guilty now that i know you love and will eat mashed potatoes! seriously tho...i'm proud of all you hot mamas. way to go!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

For me the stuffing trumps the mashed potatoes. Also my Nana's dinner rolls are my downfall. Okay, now I'm hungry!

Great job this week - I'm so thankful for you!

Colored With Memories said...

your use of "mommy drinks" cracks me up!

happy thanksgiving to you too!

Missy said...

Mashed potatoes and gravy is one of the ways that God reveals himself in creation.

You know, since I stopped buying Diet Coke, I don't want it that much either. I did get a 12 pack because it was free. And like 8 of them are still sitting in my fridge a week later. Which used to NEVER happen.