Maggie had a little friend over today after school. We all went to lunch and then came home to play. We did a little craft and played some games. They giggled and giggled, it was just too cute. It's so fun to see how your kids interact with their peers. Maggie's little friend was using all her good manners and when I made a comment about it, she said,"My mom told me to use them today!" What a good listener she was....her mama would be very proud.
While we were skimming through magazines for our craft project, I remembered this nifty idea and got inspired to make my own. From the October 2008 issue of Family Fun on page 37, a mom wrote in about their "Family Mail System." She used a small craft mail box, like the ones I'm ordering here for each family member, including mom and dad. This is what she wrote:
"For years, our family has exchanged notes and surprises via an indoor mailbox system. Each person has his or her own mailbox and enjoys receiving birthday and holiday notes, as well as notes of encouragement throughout the year. As our kids have gotten older, these mailboxes have proved invaluable and have helped us keep the lines of family communication open and strong. "
I LOVE the idea of this! Even for hubby and I! I would LOVE to get little messages from my husband and the kids. Put your note in and put up the flag.....how totally cute is that. Can you tell what my love language is???
Sounds like this project is more for me than the kids, but really I just love the entire idea. Not something everyday, but when you least expect it.
So I'm placing my order for the mailboxes! Like the idea too??? Order with a friend and save on shipping!
No comments:
Post a Comment