Remember a few weeks back, the Maggie and Mommy day at the ceramics shop. My ugly attempt at creating a family heirloom with the sage green plate. Well, we used it the other night.
It was totally too big to have her eat directly off of, but it did turn out to be a nice charger plate. I placed her regular dinner plate on the square plate and she was so excited.
When I asked her to tell Daddy why she was special today, she replied, "because I helped pick up all the toys today." "Nope!" I said. Then she said, "Is it because I used my good manners like Quincy today?" "Nope!" Then I reminded her about what she did at school today, and she said, "Oh, yeah....I said the Pledge of Allegiance for the whole school today, over the intercom!"
Folks, that is a big deal in my book! Big enough to get to use the You are Special Today plate!
Max even asked what he had to do tomorrow to be able to use the plate!
So, I guess we're keeping the plate, even if it's big and ugly!
It's more about all the little and BIG reasons why we are using the plate than what it looks like, right!
1 comment:
Hi! I just found your blog via your comment on "Growin With It". 1) If you don't mind me saying, your babies and your blog are BEAUTIFUL! 2) I love the plate! My sister, mom and I love going to paint-your-pottery places! I also love the idea of a handmade "You are Special" plate. It's an extra dose of Mama Love! Oh, I also agree with your Christmas Budget blog. This year the gifts are getting cut WAY back. We discussed 3 gifts last year and blew it. This year we may have to stick to it out of necessity. Plus, as the kids are getting older, the gifts smaller yet more expensive. Ugh! We've also decided to give each of our kids $25 to give away. Perhaps pay for someone's meal at the drive thru, put $25 in someones gas tank, or even donate it to a local shelter. However they want to give it is up to them. I just want them to know how great it feels to GIVE! Again, awesome blog! Hope you don't mind if I follow!
Post a Comment