I saw these super cute cookies the other day on the Family Fun website! Don't they just look so cute and easy!
Today after school, Maggie and I went to the store to get the goods to make these super cute cookies!
I am going to help with her "feast" tomorrow at school. This is what I've been waiting for for my entire life. To go and help in my child's classroom, I just can't tell you how excited I am. So when I found this cute little recipe, I thought it was going to be the icing on the cake! (Or in this case, the marshmallow on the cookie) Maggie and I could make the cookies together and share a special mother/daughter moment as we did.
Well, that didn't happen! I totally have NO patience for cooking with my kids. I honestly think that it is a God given gift and that I got skipped on that gift! The girl had chocolate EVERYWHERE! Plus she was licking herself like a dog (well, not as bad as a dog). I couldn't take it anymore. I ended up doing them by myself and grumbling the entire time. Don't you just love my Thanksgiving spirit.
It took me about an hour and a half to make 65 of the super cute cookies. (There are two morning kindergarten classes plus 10 kids in Max's preschool class.) On the bright side, Andy did the frosting buckles for me. The Lord also chose not to give me the ability to frost anything. So thanks to Andy, the turned out to be pretty cute!
So what do you think?
Tonight as I was going through the blog reader ..I saw them! Rocks in my Dryer made these cookies too! Go check it out here! Looks like she has several easier recipes too!
8 comments:
I totally love your enthusiasm! I was just like that when Lily was in preschool & kindergarten. Add 5years and 2 boys, and man girl, you're showing me up at preschool!
We made them this afternoon too! I just thought it was too cute an idea to pass up. If it makes you feel better, Caroline couldn't stop licking the chocolate either! I haven't put the buckles on yet, but they turned out great.
65? as in SIXTY-FIVE?
i'm impressed!
I agree with Colored With Memories, you deserve an award - I have trouble with just my daughter's classroom (grand total of 12). But they are memories you will never forget!
And There they are :-) They were yummy too. I love reading blogs. This will be fun.
i'm impressed! but what i wanna know is if mommy tried her creation? these do look adorable.
You crack me up Betty Crocker!! (The Pilgrim hat story) Hey, they turned out pretty darn good sister. See ya tonight!! love ya. Tina
Hi Traci - I have been reading your blog from afar in England. Hope you don't mind! I actually made these last year for Max and Blake's classes at school (with imported marshmallows from my mom!) and they loved them. This year I had to do something different so I made 70 cut-out turkey cookies! I also had in mind of being a great mom and having both the boys help me. Luckily, Blake got tired of it but Max hung in there. We had a few tense moments but he was so proud when I brought them to his class yesterday. Since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, the teachers always ask me to come in and read a story and talk about the holiday. I'm hoping to be back in the states next year so that I don't have to come up with another idea for treats! I just started a blog so if you want to check it out, please do. www.shoesintheuk.blogspot.com Tell Andy hello! My mom is missing getting updates on you guys so the blog helps. Jenny
Post a Comment