Monday, November 3, 2008

I totally messed up!

Today has been beautiful! The extra sunshine this morning has kinda been playin' with my head. I thought we were running late this morning, but it's just cause this darn daylight savings time has ended and I'm not adjusted yet.

The weather here in the Midwest is awesome. Today's high is going to be about 75 which is just fabulous for the beginning of November. We have been enjoying the beautiful weather all weekend. Bike rides, hikes in the woods, playing at the park and playing with friends in the leaves! It was great!

Last night, we got in our get-ready-for-school-mode and got all the clothes laid out for today, backpacks ready, baths, etc. I like to have it all ready to go. It just makes our morning run so much smoother!

So this morning, Maggie got up, dressed, ate breakfast and off we went. She wanted to be let out across the street so she could walk with some other kids with the crossing guard. It is just so cool when your in Kindergarten.

When I picked her up, I stood there for a few minutes talking with another mom about car pool. When we got in the car, Maggie said, "There's a note in my bag for you, mom!" I LOVE getting notes, but a note from school, hummmm, I couldn't even wait to get home to read it. I opened it up and as I started to read it, my blood began to boil. Apparently, I need to read pages 58 & 59 of the dress code. Shorts are NOT allowed in the 2nd quarter of school. And it never even occurred to me! I totally got my kid in trouble.

I began to ask Maggie a million questions. Did you have to go to the office? Did anyone else have "shorts" on? Who is the letter from? Did you get in trouble?

Here's the funny thing. Along with the letter stating that my kid can't where shorts in the 2nd quarter was another letter. This letter stated that due to the nice weather the next 2 days, the kids are allowed to wear shorts. What's up with this! She got in trouble today, but tomorrow and Wednesday it's fine! Whatever!

I felt like a horrible mom. I totally got my kid in trouble. It honestly didn't even think that her pants would be an issue. I have calmed down a little, but I'm still a little annoyed with the letter. I mean, come on, it's going to be 75 today!

As the kids and I pulled into the garage and were getting out, the mom I was talking to at school pulls up. Her daughter got the letter too! So at least I'm not the only horrible mom on the block.


I wouldn't even call them "shorts." They're more like short capri's! Oh well! The poor kid!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I would not call those shorts and the second note in context in just ridiculous.

Love the coordinating costumes!