Monday, September 8, 2008

Fashion Alert!

Maggie informed me late last week, that she no longer wants to wear skirts/skorts. Of course we have several hanging in the closet, some still with tags on. She said she would only wear them to church, however there was another battle Sunday morning when I asked her to wear the outfit that I had picked out for her. She put on capris instead. I know I have to pick my battles, but these skorts are just so cute.

Today she said that she wanted to look for a short jacket where her "underneath" shirt will hang out. She said "all the girls have them." Does the fashion awareness start this early? I'm so scared!

So, I have several skorts, size 5, if anyone is interested!?!?!

1 comment:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Good Luck! You've sent her off to big school and this is your reward!

I hate to say it's only the beginning! It didn't happen for us till 1st grade, when we moved here. Seems her old school it was no big deal, but here the pressure kicked in quickly. Lily always had her own sense of style, but it made me a little sad to see it so influenced by her peers. I kind of liked it when I was the only influence!