Saturday, September 27, 2008

37 years ago today.....

my wonderful husband was born.

Yes, today (September 27th) is Andy's birthday!

So to celebrate, here are 37 things about my hubby:

  1. he's fun to be around
  2. he is like a magnet to kids, they just cling to him (I love that)
  3. he is really just a big kid himself (and can make the messes to prove it)
  4. he loves his kids more than anything in the world
  5. he is an AWESOME daddy!
  6. he loves the outdoors
  7. he really LOVES to mountain bike, ( like every single day)
  8. he doesn't have any "mountains" in Illinois, yet still loves it
  9. he really loves mountain biking in Colorado
  10. he has 2 mountain bikes (can you ride two bikes at the same time? I don't think so!)
  11. he paid more for his mountain bike than he did his first car (not kidding....we won't go there either!)
  12. he went out to Colorado for a 3 month break and ended up staying for 3 years
  13. he would go back in a second (move that it)
  14. he thinks the kiddos need their grandparents (and we need free babysitting) so we will stay in IL for a while
  15. he loves his family
  16. he has a great big heart (which I think is my favorite part of him)
  17. he will do anything for anyone
  18. he also sees the positive in every situation ( I love this part too, although sometimes I would just like to vent)
  19. he is handy around the house, although
  20. he has this crazy rule about not working on "inside" projects during daylight savings time
  21. he likes to work on outside projects when its nice and inside projects when its cold, and
  22. he will only let me repaint a room once a year (so painting the bathroom twice last year won't ever happen again!)
  23. he is a computer geek
  24. he can just about fix any computer issue (at least the issues I have)
  25. he loves music
  26. he's always finding new music to share with me (I always say, "Okay, now who is this?")
  27. he plays the guitar
  28. he doesn't think he very good at it, but the kids and I think he is great!
  29. he loves the LORD!
  30. he shares this love by helping with the youth at church
  31. he is a great teacher, maybe we can get him to play some praise music with the guitar at youth functions! I can see it now...the kids would love it!
  32. he loves potato chips (oh how I love this man!, we totally could have skipped the wedding cake and served chips and dip...that is the only thing we would change about our wedding!)
  33. he is my best friend
  34. he tolerates my neediness
  35. he is very handsome!
  36. he is healthy and full of life!
  37. he is a great husband and dad and....

He is 37 today!

Happy Birthday hon'! Thank you for everything you do for us and we LOVE you very much!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Ya'll are people after my own heart...chips and dip at a wedding? I am all over that!

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

happy b-day Andy
We heart you too!

Colored With Memories said...

What a sweet tribute!