Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I'm not really a  new-years-resolution-type of girl, most people don't keep them anyway.  I would be one that would do GREAT for a week and then soon be back to the same ol' thing.  Instead, I decided to create a few challenges to myself.

Here they are:

Try to put a little more focus on me.  I know that sounds selfish, but I am always willing to do things for others,  (which I love to do) but I need to take the time to do something for myself.  That might be making time to read a book and not feeling guilty about it.  Maybe a massage every now and then, or just more time with my girlfriends. 

I'm also going to try very hard to let things go.  If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that this is a hard one for me.  Life is so short and I really want to enjoy every little part of it.  I get uptight about little things that by the end of the day seem so ridiculous that I can't even believe I wasted so much time on it.  So I will try to be more aware of this. 

I'm going to remember every day how very blessed I am, try not to complain much and just be thankful for all the blessings in my life. 


Here's to a fabulous new year and all the fun and excitement it brings!



Happy 2012!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Good resolutions! They are both things that I could stand to work on as well.

Anonymous said...

I've been told: Don't sweat the small stuff -and- it's almost all small stuff.

I can't take credit for the quote or the thought and I don't know where it originated. However, it makes sense to me. The hard part is putting things in the "small stuff" box.

Paca