Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Are we all missing those moments?

Saturday after Max's soccer game, we were all heading over to visit with my grandma.  Andy was going to do some work on Tina's computer while we were there so we stopped to pick up a quick Subway sandwich to take along with us. 

Maggie and Andy ran in the get our sandwich and Max and I hung out in the van.  I was NOT taking advantage of my few minutes alone with him, but was otherwise preoccupied with that silly iPhone that seems to go with me everywhere. I finally put the phone in my purse and focused on the people I was with and not the ones on Facebook. 

On our drive to grandma's, totally out of the blue, Max says, "Mom, I found God right away!" with excitement. 

Andy was kinda in his own little world and didn't hear a thing, or maybe he was just concentrating on driving...we'll go with the latter.  I was a little takin back by the comment, in a good way of course, but couldn't come up with a quick enough response before Maggie chimed in. 

"Mom..." Maggie said, in a I'm-totally-rolling-my-eyes-at-you tone of voice.  "He's doing a bible word-search puzzle, and found "G-O-D" right away!"

Maybe you had to be there, but it was a good laugh! 

Glad that phone was put away or I totally would have missed that moment!  

2 comments:

Wendy V. said...

I totally know what you mean! I went nearly two weeks without a cell phone when we arrived, and to be honest, I didn't miss it. I've noticed that no one here is on their phone while they wait for anything. It has really helped me break my habit of always going to the Internet when I have a moment. Now I just take the time to sit, listen, and observe.

Bitterroot Mama said...

*TIME SENSITIVE* Greetings from Kristen Welch (www.wearethatfamily.com) and Jen De Groot. We're compiling the best tips submitted to Works for Me Wednesday into an e-book and would love to include you. Please contact us at thatworks4me (at) gmail (dot) com as soon as possible for more details. Thanks! P.S. I never know where my cell phone is.