Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

I can honestly say that I try to do my part when it comes to helping out our planet. And as we observe Earth Day today, I wanted to share the easiest way I have found to do that. Of course, there is the obvious, reduce, reuse, recycle...as Jack Johnson sings about. (Love this tune!)



If you have been with me from the beginning of this little blog of mine, you might remember when I first purchased these nifty little bags. I got two of them two years ago on Earth Day. One yellow and one pink....and they are still with me.

I have grown to love them so much...I now carry 6 with me at all times. I use them at Wal-mart, Target, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, anywhere you get a bag....I get my own out.


Now, when the cashier realizes I have my own bags...(especially if I'm somewhere with a LOT of stuff) they are not the most excited people on earth. However, I have learned to inform them of my own bags right at the beginning and then I help, or even "bag" the stuff myself. The cashiers are much more appreciative if I help.

These great little bags fit right inside themselves and are so cute, great fun colors, and they hold a lot more than you think they will. I get compliments all the time. If you want to check them out...click here!

Got a great recycling tip to share?...I'd love to hear how you are helping out our Earth!


2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

cute, cute, cute! see i never remember the BIG bags and these would be so handy dandy. great idea.

Colored With Memories said...

ooh i am glad i clicked thru....they open up much bigger than i thought! i think i may need some of these...thanks for sharing!