Most of you know that I'm a bit crazy when it comes to organization. I like things to have a place and for items to be put back in their place when done. I'm also a tad bit crazy with lists, spreadsheets, labels and such.
So when I was packing for our trip in Arizona, of course, I printed the packing list spreadsheet and got to work.
Now, let me just add this little disclaimer. My parents drove to Arizona a *month* before we flew out there. They were gracious enough to take most of our stuff. They hauled out the kids' booster seats, sleeping bags, Easter goodies, and also all the kids clothes. I also packed my own clothes and sent them along for the ride. This made flying so much easier (and cheaper)...with only one bag to check.
With that said, you all understand that I had to think ahead. I packed mostly shorts for the kids, knowing they wouldn't need them here with Illinois weather and I did the same for myself.
When we got there, my mom had unpacked all our stuff. She hung up all the stuff so nicely and folded a lot of the kids' stuff and put it into the drawers. It was perfect.
After flying all day, I wanted to freshen up a little before dinner and that's when I discovered my *HUGE* mistake.
Yes, I'm admitting it here for all of my 10 readers to see...
I forgot to pack my own underwear!!!
Can you believe it?!? How could I miss something so important? I know it was on the packing list...did I not follow my own list?!
Just another little side note, I have been a loyal customer of VS for years. Years I tell ya! And I wasn't about to change just cuz I forgot mine at home. Arizona is a big place, I'm sure there is a VS store right down the street.
But I was tired. I was hungry, and it was my birthday. I really didn't want to go searching for a VS...so we hit a nearby Target. I'm sure my hubby was so excited to be there with me, it took me FOREVER. I wanted to just get some cheapies to get me through a few days...we'd hit a mall in the next day or two for sure.
I ended up buying a 3-pack of Hanes. Cheap and easy! And you know what....I LOVE them. I love them more than my VS. Did I just say that? So I might be doing the ol' switch-a-roo when it comes to my undies. Aren't you just so happy to know this about me!
5 comments:
i'm glad to hear you didn't just let loose and go with the "birthday suit" option!
You are so funny! I always worry that I'm going to forget something important!
hahahahahahahaa...........I am laughing hysterically!!!!! Personally, I think you need to hit "Aerie" and try out some of their undies.
I wish I could be as organized as you!!!! Too funny! Thanks for sharing! - Carrie
well it's true what they say... you learn something new every day! haha!!
Post a Comment