Monday, April 19, 2010

Max + shots = 3 days off school

So it seems I've been on a bloggy break...

It wasn't planned or scheduled, it just happened!

Last Tuesday afternoon, I took Max to the health department to get his kindergarten shots.

Four shots...two in each arm! He did great...he got a little worked up while I was doing the paperwork...but got it together and only cried a little.

We then headed to Wal-mart to get a little somethin' special...just like Maggie did. (They don't forget a thing the other one gets to do!)

So this is what he picked....

Even though I'm NOT a fan of buying guns for my kid....he wanted it really bad...so I gave in!

Then...

Wednesday he had a slight fever (due to the shots) and fell asleep right before it was time to go to school...he slept all afternoon.

Then Thursday...his entire arm was swollen (from his shoulder to his elbow) and we headed in to the doctor to check it out.....I'm so thankful for friends who are nurses, ones who check him out and make me feel like I'm NOT overreacting! Thankfully the doctor made me feel the same way. Even though the doctor didn't do anything....we had to just wait it out...I felt better!

Friday I took Max to school and as we were walking in...he tells me he doesn't feel well. At first I just thought it was a little separation anxiety...since we had been together all week....but I took him right home and he slept the entire afternoon...again!

So he missed three days of school because of these shots that are required for school...seems a little silly doesn't it?! And four shots...really just seems like a lot to me!

He's doing much better now. His arm is back to it's normal size. He does still have a pretty good size knot where the shot was given, but he's doing better.

So my little bloggy break was necessary to take care of my little guy!

I hope to now be back to our regular scheduled program!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a brave little man! I'm so proud of you Max!
Love, Aunt Jod

Mari said...

Poor Max! I'm glad he's feeling better now!

Growin' With It said...

now that looks like a ROCKIN' nerf gun. so ya know if he didn't have the energy to play with that, he musta been hurtin'. glad he's feeling better. no fun, no fun at ALL getting shots. boo hoo.