Monday, April 14, 2008

My girl and Star Wars!

Tim T…this post is for you!

I don’t completing understand where she got it, but Maggie LOVES Star Wars! Andy likes it and we have a few of the movies, but I wouldn’t say that he is a huge fan or anything. Although we do still have the Star Wars pillow case he had as a kid, which he is saving until the kids are older, or as he put it, done drooling on their pillows at night. Maybe he is bigger fan than I realized. Anyway… Maggie was so excited when Andy told her it was going to be on Spike TV all weekend long. Two weeks ago on Friday night the sick people (I better say, ill people) got sleeping bags out, made popcorn, and had a little Star Wars fest, while mom was scrapbooking at church. This past Friday night, Maggie got to stay up late to watch it with the babysitter, (Even Hayley likes Star Wars!)
But this past Saturday night was the kicker! We had some friends over for a very casual night of catch-up, kids playing and pizza eating. Andy made the mistake of reminding Maggie earlier in the day that Star Wars was going to be on that night; when our friends came in the house & before they could even get their coats off, she informed them that we would be watching Star Wars that night and that it starts at “8:00, 7:00 central”. Oh so sad, she would ask every 10 minutes when it was going to be on, and was only finally content when she was able to watch it. She would go back and forth playing with the kids and then back to the movie. I would have turned it off and made her play with the kids, except the guys were into the movie as well.

I thought Star Wars was a “boy thing” I guess not, and honestly, as much as I hate to admit it….last night after the kids were in bed, I found myself watching it too!

So, Tim T….I sure hope your twin girls will be into Star Wars as much or more than Maggie….I’m sure you’ve got them in training already!

2 comments:

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Traci,

I'm way ahead of you on the Star Wars training for Mia and Vivian. I have been giving them the Playskool Star Wars toys to play with since they were 1. Now, Tina and I (yes, Tina is helping me out - even more reasons to love her forever) have been teaching the girls their names. The first one they both knew was Chewbacca. You have to hear it to appreciate it. We haven't watched the movies with them yet, but that will come. I can't wait! I knew Maggie was a smart girl and she's got great taste! I can see a Star Wars party for our kids in the near future.

You can tell Maggie that I'm excited too about the Star Wars movies being on Spike every Sunday night! And yes, I did try and watch the movies on Spike the last 2 weekends!

Thanks for sharing. - Tim T.