Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Have any tips??

Not literally. I'm not looking for fingernail tips to glue on...but I am asking for any tips on how to get Maggie to stop biting her nails. Her fingernails look horrible. I bought some clear polish that is supposed to taste bad when she puts her fingers in her mouth...but I'm looking for any other tips that may have worked for you or someone you know. I told her last night that if she would try really hard not to bite them that we would go get them painted and maybe even get a mickey mouse head painted on.

Check these out....YUCK!

I'll keep you posted on the progress!


2 comments:

Missy said...

I bit my nails when I was about 5 and one day my babysitter's boyfriend, some college kid, told me that when you bite your nails, the dirt under your fingernails has eggs in it, and the eggs get in your tummy, and hatch, and worms come out, and eat all the food in your tummy, and you get real skinny from them eating all the food and you get sick and go to the hospital.

Can you tell how traumatized I was, since I remember every detail? I got a tummyache right then, it lasted all night, and I NEVER bit another nail. Blech. I remember the whole thing like it was yesterday.

Find a 20 year old guy to tell her that story :)

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Great idea! ...I was thinking bribery, but maybe the scare tactic will work. Thanks