Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful - Day 19

Today, I'm thankful for my dad.
It's his birthday and I couldn't think of a better way to honor him today than to announce it to the world (well at least the few people who read this little blog of mine!)  I had a rather complicated father/daughter experience with my biological father, (which I'm totally thankful that we were able to have a "normal" relationship before he passed away) but I was lucky to have someone special step in at those times when I NEEDED a father.  He has treated me like his own from the beginning and I am so thankful for that.  I always remind myself that any man can be a father, but it takes someone really special to be a dad. 
Today, I'm thankful for my dad and the person he has helped shape me to be.
Happy Birthday Dad, I love you!


2 comments:

Polly said...

Very sweet, Traci...and from what you've told me about your Dad, he is a Very special man!!!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!
I've enjoyed reading all your thankful things!