Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful - Day 18

Today, I'm thankful for well behaved kids!
I have good kids.  It's something I'm very proud of.  People have told me, "your so lucky to have such good kids" and I am, but I don't think it's all about luck.  I run a tight ship here!  I'm kinda strict.  I expect a lot and I'm definitely NOT the fun parent.  But I have learned to be okay with that.  My children are learning to be responsible, well-rounded and giving people.  My goal with raising these wonderful people is something I learned from my Aunt Pat.  I am always telling the kids, "You don't have the be the smartest kid, you don't have the be the prettiest kid, you don't have to be the most athletic kid, you don't have to be the most popular kid, but you DO have to be the nicest kid"!  To me, this just says it all.
Today, I'm so thankful for good, responsible kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

100% agreement here - great kids - kudos to you and Andy. Kinda strict?? - didja get some of that from your Mom? - she was reputed to be pretty strict and look at the results. Paca.