Monday, August 8, 2011

Mean Mom!


Yep!  That's me!

Want to guess why?  You'll probably agree with my kids once you hear it!

We started the back-to-school routine last night!  That means, in the house and ready for bed by 8:00pm.....reading in bed till 8:30pm.  Did you know that "no one else had to come in that early"......and "it was still light out!"

Oh my goodness....I'm so mean!

That also means, setting the alarm for 7:00 am, getting up, making beds, getting dressed, breakfast and brushing teeth....basically ready to walk out the door by 8:00am. 

Yes, we still have a week of summer vacation, so technically we don't have to be up and ready.....BUT, I am a planner....(if you didn't already know that!) and I like to take this last week to get in the groove. 

We'll still be doing some fun things this week....we'll just be ready to do those things at 8:00 am! Things like biking, swimming (if it's hot enough...don't even get me started on that) playing outside, lunches out, maybe the zoo, trips to DQ....and who knows what else.  It WILL be fun....

But I'm sticking to my "mean mom" status and totally okay with that!



4 comments:

Mari said...

You are so mean - but pretty smart I would say!

Tim said...

Traci,

Glad to see that Tina and I have company as a "mean parent"!!

Tim

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I am not the only "mean mom" making my kid go up for a shower at 8pm. It was just time to get back into the routine and make sure we were ready for school to start.
Jodi R

The only dude who reads this said...

Totally uncool.